Used 2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great SUV - Excellent value
By krc

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 18 months, I can't find anything not to like about my MDX. This is my first Acura and second SUV. I am a finicky consumer and researched all luxury models prior to buying - it paid off! For the money, this is by far the best SUV in its class. Gas mileage was better than anticipated. And, it has the highest safety/crash test ratings. Quality, comfort, and value...I love it!

Exterior styling, navigation system, XM radio, interior space, smooth ride, confident handling

Telephone charger should work without running the engine; that's all!

I Love It!!
By Brandi

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX as much today as the day I bought it. It drives like a dream and is very roomy. Just last weekend we took 6 adults over 3 hours drive away with luggage and everyone had plenty of room. Now if only they would come out with a hybrid with the new models...

Navigation system is great! From NJ to Maine with only the system to guide us - it is wonderful! A traffic accident ahead? Just plot a new way home! It is always accurate and fun!!

Next model needs to have an optional hybrid. A premium gas vehicle with these gas prices is expensive.

Power and comfort
By mdx

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Would definately get another in the future.

Blue tooth tech. Rear A/C

Better fuel economy.

Great Vehicle
By sklug

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car after 18 months no complaints at all and no issues at all. Fuel Economy is much better than expected. 23.4 mpg on our last trip to OHIO running 75 mph. Gets 18.6 around town. Goes great in the snow on trips to the northwoods. entertainment system and is great. Nav is a little out of date. My wife will never drive a different suv.

Back-up camera, blue-tooth technology, XM Radio, 50 /50 fold flat third row seat.

HID Headlights, More updated Nav System

I actually don't mind making my payments
By Tom

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not particularly a car person, but I have to say I really like this SUV. It's my first Acura and my 5th SUV. It's very quiet, spacious, comfortable, and the navigation is fantastic once you learn commands. (At first I didn't think the voice rec. worked well but it was mostly my lack of understanding it. Fine now.) Body style is least favorate but added wheel flares, side molding, and running boards that help make it less bulbous.

Quiet nice ride, roomy, attractive interior, better SUV MPG, reliable, holds value, navigation, integrated bluetooth phone, sound system.

Body style, (didn't like pics of 2007 prototype either, Blackhole between seat and center console, air conditioners are still better on American cars, no auxillary IPOD inuts, the chargers should charge phones with the car isn't running.