Used 2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

2005 MDX Review
By 2005 MDX

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the original style MDX because I just knew the new model wouldn't be as nice. I have never been so happy with a car in my life. It's a wonderful highway cruiser and up in the rockies, it just handles the whoop di doos very solidly, no floating around, just well composed ride. Mileage is 21 highway average at 75 mph and around town 13 (100% stop & go). I got the touring model with nav & the tow package. The AWD works wonderfully. I took it out in the desert near Moabe, Utah and it will go down creeks & up sand banks with ease. In snow it's a joy, give a lot of confidence in any type of bad weather. Reliability has been excellent with only the nav being replaced, have 75K miles

Nav, awd, ride, composure on highway, quietness, quality, reliability, performance & mileage for an suv

Leg room, I'm still trying to come up with a suggested improvement and can't think of one. It's just a wonderful car and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an suv

Love This Car!
By Joanne

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in February of 2005. Haven't had one problem with it since! Very reliable and very luxurious. Was coming from a 1998 Toyota Camry LE. Compared it to the Lexus RX 330. While the Lexus was nice, it couldn't fit 3 people across the third row comfortably. But my Acura can. The Bose stereo in my MDX simply superb and this car handles so nicely. The nav system is also extremely easy to use. Like the V6 and the AWD. I also like the visibility that comes with being higher off the ground. Will never buy anything other than an Acura. Unfortunately the gas mileage is around 12 MPG. I do mostly city driving but I was expecting more like 16 from a mid-size SUV with just a V6.

Back-up camera, heated seats, nav system, bluetooth, visibility, great headlights, love the fog-lights, sunroof, stereo, everything about this car is amazing!

Fit and finish could be better. Would like auto up/down on all windows, not just driver's. Slightly better gas mileage would be nice.

Kumho Tires Transform the MDX
By nIKKIMACH

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Michelins lasted 50,000 miles; at that point, I was thinking of trading the car. Too much road noise, and a jarring ride. Then I put on Kumhos and my MDX was transformed. The road noise I disliked was cut in half, the handling got sharper and the ride improved enormously. Replacing the windshield, which we have to do every few years because of grit on the highways in winter, costs a cool thousand bucks. I like the auto wipers, but it would be $500 bucks cheaper without them.

Rock solid, great seating position, XM (escape from the soul-sucking garbage on AM/FM), nav system, build quality, value. Resale.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Love It!

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Reliable, smooth drive, great pick-up when needed. All I do is change the oil and rotate the tires. I'm following the maintenance program and I bet this vehicle will last forever!

Ride, reliability, navigation, sound system, heated seats.

Don't bother with the 3rd row seating. It was folded down the day I bought the vehicle and I haven't used it yet.

This Car Rocks!!
By Jack Mark

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX is so smooth and the bluetooth works very good. I love the looks! I pretty much love everything about this car!

Smooth ride, looks, bluetooth, fast, everything!!

Center arm rest in front is not split.