Used 2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Acura MDX
By Acura MDX

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my MDX for 2 months. So far I love driving the car. It's comfortable and reliable. I just wish the gas milage was better. One thing that came standard with all my previous vehicles is automatic door locks when the car is being driven, which is not available on the MDX. I also would like to see keyless entry and a more sensitive automatic headlight mechanism.

Navigation system

Keyless entry Automatic door locks when car is being driven. More sensitive automatic headlight mechanism.

An "Accurate" Description
By Jim Lipsky

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very pleased with my Acura MDX. I traded up from a V6 Accord Navi and haven't looked back or regretted a thing, short of filling the gas tank daily (I'm a Realtor, and put lots of miles on the car). My invalid father gets in and out easily and clients like the roominess and Navi system. Nice job Honda!

The navi is very easy to use, and I like the safety of having OnStar.

I wish all the windows were Automatic, and the Sunroof too.

Nothing Else will Do
By Jackie Morehead

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My new MDX is the best, it drives so well, turns so well, rides like a dream. I let a friend drive it and they were so impressed. I love my On Star and Navigation they are so good and the blue tooth phone as well as the other phone. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my new Acura MDX is.

On Star and Navigation, all the cup holders, heated seats, lumbar feature, rear camera is the best.

The one thing I know that I like a lot is to make sure the doors lock automatically when you start to drive it is a very good safety feature.

A great minivan alternative
By Hangdog

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the seating for 7. Driving the MDX feels like driving a car, no heavy truck feel. I think I'll stay with this one for a while!

3rd row seat

Add a sunglass holder (similar to the Accord)

Wonderful SUV.
By June

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned (touring & Navi.)! MDX improved a lot from 2001 to 2005 model and I am glad that we waited this long. Although redesign is expected in late 2006, current model has been polished so much. MDX is the best combination of utility, reliability, and comfort compare to other upscale SUVs, I believe. We will be keeping our MDX for a long time.

Rearview camera, On Star, Bose sound system, Navigation, cool blue center console lighting, handling, quietness, cargo space, and simple/clean styling.

HID lights (though I don't have to worry about being stolen), Auto- open/close back cargo door, Better gas mileage would be nice.