Used 2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Trade up to 2005 MDX
By John

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

4,000 miles of experience and still enjoy driving my MDX. Features and comfort are better than expected, gas mileage a little worse (18 MPG). The on board computer shows about 22 MPG best case on the freeway. The RES causes some rear visibility issues, but workable. The ride is much better than my prior SUV (V8 Explorer) and power about the same. As claimed, the MDX drives a lot smaller than it is, and feels very stable at all speeds. The MDX is a perfectly balanced SUV that does just about everything well, albeit not best in class.

XM Radio, Bluetooth, Navigation, rear camera.

Improve RES visibility (when monitor is down). Decrease lag time of rear camera and navigation system to come on line when starting up vehicle. Keypad entry system. Increased storage under carpet.

Acura MDX
By Acura MDX

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my MDX for 2 months. So far I love driving the car. It's comfortable and reliable. I just wish the gas milage was better. One thing that came standard with all my previous vehicles is automatic door locks when the car is being driven, which is not available on the MDX. I also would like to see keyless entry and a more sensitive automatic headlight mechanism.

Navigation system

Keyless entry Automatic door locks when car is being driven. More sensitive automatic headlight mechanism.

An "Accurate" Description
By Jim Lipsky

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very pleased with my Acura MDX. I traded up from a V6 Accord Navi and haven't looked back or regretted a thing, short of filling the gas tank daily (I'm a Realtor, and put lots of miles on the car). My invalid father gets in and out easily and clients like the roominess and Navi system. Nice job Honda!

The navi is very easy to use, and I like the safety of having OnStar.

I wish all the windows were Automatic, and the Sunroof too.

Nothing Else will Do
By Jackie Morehead

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My new MDX is the best, it drives so well, turns so well, rides like a dream. I let a friend drive it and they were so impressed. I love my On Star and Navigation they are so good and the blue tooth phone as well as the other phone. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my new Acura MDX is.

On Star and Navigation, all the cup holders, heated seats, lumbar feature, rear camera is the best.

The one thing I know that I like a lot is to make sure the doors lock automatically when you start to drive it is a very good safety feature.

A great minivan alternative
By Hangdog

2005 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the seating for 7. Driving the MDX feels like driving a car, no heavy truck feel. I think I'll stay with this one for a while!

3rd row seat

Add a sunglass holder (similar to the Accord)