Used 2002 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

2002 Acura MDX Love Affair
By bccarguy90

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2002 Acura MDX has been a flawless partner in all that I have asked of it. Aside from damage caused by accidents, there have been no problems and power has proved more than adequate. It is extremely comfortable particularly on long hauls and can carry anything from garbage to people easily. This is my top pick in the lux SUV category.

Hope This Helps
By mikelevels

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying this car. I got the list down to MDX and Pilot, the Honda version of the same car, because I carry large speakers and needed a 49" wide car. There were no used Pilots at the time, so the MDX was it. Like everyone else, I had the transmission problem and eventually had it replaced under warrantee with no questions asked. Make sure you buy a certified car with an extended power train warrantee. Great highway cruiser. 4 hour trips are no problem. If it got stolen, I'd get a Pilot to replace it.

My favorite feature is the Navi system. I didn't want it at first but now I cant live without it. I travel a lot and I love being able to find the closest restaurant or gas station.

The car seems to be built lightly. We also have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that seems to be built better. Check out MDXs and Pilot next time you're in a parking lot, they all have dimples in the sides because the outer skin is so thin. I have a couple and I don't know where they came from.

Still Happy
By Kenny a.

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I still love my MDX. the car has 95,000 miles on it and I am torn between replacing it with another or waiting to the new model comes out. I did have a few problems (transmission replaced at 35,000 miles & need a new motor mount at 90,000). But I still love the car. Acura has been wonderful auto company to deal with.

Nav system. The seats are very comfortable. I can drive this car 200 miles and see a client still feeling fresh.

The climate control lay out and location could be improved. My wife does not like where the clock is.

decent car...Terrible transmission
By JohnA.Feer

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a good car short term. After my second year owning this car a bunch of lights came up on the dashboard. After getting it checked, weeks later the transmission starting to fail. acura has honda products including the transmission, and honda is known for the worst transmission. The car starting bucking and did not get into gear, and would have trouble reversing. Very comfy, nice options, but just bad transmission, and sunroof.

6 disk Cd changer, heated seats

Transmission, Fuel economy

Disappointing
By vegas

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the more disappointing vehicles that I have owned. Vehicle clunks when shifting from forward to reverse (dealer says it cannot be repaired). Can't drive with the windows down as it creates pressure inside vehicle. The list goes on.

Fix the bugs!