Used 2002 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

I Would Buy Another
By Freddie

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I test drove several SUVs before selecting this one. We selected it in part because it has the drive and comfort of a car unlike the truck feel of many others. The body style is great (didn't change for a few years). We like the reliability, overall style, navigation system, and mileage (is still very good). After 143,000+ miles & over 7 year it still looks and drives great. A new transmission was installed a few months before the extended warranty expired so we incurred no extra cost. No other major work has been needed. Two times the navigation malfunctioned but shortly corrected itself. We need to update our navigation CD because some locations can't be found.

I like the seat memory because my husband and I alternate driving the SUV. With the push of a button, my seat position is restored. Especially like the navigation recalculation feature if you go off the route and the fold out that holds coffee mugs/cups in both front and rear compartments.

The third seat is very tight so only a small person or young child can sit comfortably. It would be good to have a little more leg room.

Fun to Drive, but Expensive
By mattb

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first time with a luxury SUV, which I researched prior to buying. At 40K miles, the transmission needed to be replaced!!! But they did it thanks to buying it pre-owned, pre-certified - would have cost 7K. This car handles very well and has gotten me out of more than a few accidents. Power about right and handles extremely well, is extremely comfortable.

Sporty ride and feel. I liked the navigation and control features. 3rd row was nice, but a little cramped and difficult to access.

Paint does chip a little easy. All owners beware about the transmission problem. Routine maintenance is very expensive and so is the premium fuel.

2002 Acura MDX
By Mad in Big D

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought an MDX. The transmission died within 30 days! 4500.00 to fix! NO MORE ACURAS for me. And, it is the SECOND time! First replacement was in 2004

Fix the transmission issues. A so called "luxury" car with tranny issues like this one is absolutely without excuse.

Best mid-size suv on the market period!!
By Mickey

2002 Acura MDX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. The styling, features, performance capabilities on this vehicle was everything I could have hoped for. Driving the MDX you feel like your in control of the road. It hugs the turns like a race car. The MDX is sporty, safe, and very roomy inside. I love my MDX!!

Everything about this SUV is my favorite.

There is really nothing I could suggest on improving the MDX, it's really that good of a vehicle.

Like My Acura
By "Wicky"

2002 Acura MDX Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just got our Acura and love it a lot. It's quick, roomy & luxurious. The sound system is great and we really like the memory seats. Bottom line is that this vehicle has outstanding standard options. The only additional feature I wish ours had is the "navi." We've only had it about a month but thus far it rates right up there in the top 3 vehicles I've owned.

Sound system, memory seats, fuel efficiency and it's power.

Make the navi standard & increase the size of the sun roof.