Used 2001 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Best Luxury SUV
By lbclagett

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2001 MDX and Love it. It has all the features and a great price. It is a perfect daily driver and road trip car. It was my first of many.

Interior leather, drives like a sports car, third row seats are very great.

It could use more power. A supercharged or turbo package would hit the spot.

Love returning to my MDX after a flight.
By herzjb

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car. I have 60,000 miles on it now. Dealer has fixed second gear under warranty via recall. Ride and performs like a car. Sturdy interior. Plenty of cargo space, cup holders and power outlets. Good entry level sound system.

Power, with a quiet and smooth ride. Great handling in snow, rain and dry conditions.

Better fuel economy. Brakes squeal even after being replaced. Door panels easily dented and scratched. Ceiling fabirc has light brown spots on it, assume it is from moonroof moisture since it only occurs in that part of the ceiling fabric.

Saving My life
By Robin S

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Two days ago I totaled my MDX, hitting a telephone pole head on. Fortunately thanks to a power greater than I and the structure of My MDX, I left without a scratch. I won't drive anything else. I had purchased my 2001 MDX used and loved it. Functions like a minivan, drives like a sports car and has the top of the line luxury that I love. No problems with the car @ 60 plus thousand miles. I look forward to purchasing my next one.

Structure and safety features and performance.

More fuel efficiency

Needs improvements to get me back!
By Nancy

2001 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle receives side door dents even with the lightest of touch from other vehicles. Misc. accessories (cap cover for wheel, various interior lights,always needing to be replaced. Material used in interior does not wear well. Spring is trying to protrude through seat back. Poor transmission (been replaced once and may need another). As much as this car costs, interior should hold up better. This is my second Acura--may be my last.

GPS is wonderful! Drives much better than most SUVs

Improve durability of exterior and interior.

Acura MDX
By Deb

2001 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura is the best SUV I've ever owned (I've had 3 different ones). It is very spacious and handles extremely well. I owned an Acura Legend several years ago and these are the best two cars I've ever owned.

Handles very well and the split 3rd row seats are great.