Used 1994 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Legend

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Best car ever owned
By CarlD

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 94 Legend GS from my father in law with 187000 mi on it. He kept it in top shape. Every service was done on schedule and at the dealer. I have since done the same and now have over 340000 mi on it. It is fun to drive and a great looking car. Acura needs to bring back the Legend. I have a 99 RL and enjoy driving the Legend more. Everything on the car works. Have only had to do normal repair work. Engine still strong and burns no oil and passes emissions with no problem. Love this car!

Looks, reliability, performance and handling.

It has a slight understeering. Needs more cup holders. And a/c fan adjustment could be changed from a button to a dial.

Worth buying used if cared for
By Jon

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

The car drives very well. Handling and steering are nice and responsive. The brakes are probably the most undesirable on the car, but they are efficient. The interior and exterior designs and features are excellent. The car is very comfortable and luxurious. I bought mine used, and decided to spend 7k repainting it and putting new suspension components in the car. It looks and handles like new, but for a fraction of the cost of a new car with the amenities this has. If you buy a Legend, you will love it.

I like the sunroof, and telescoping steering wheel, as well as the leather seats and memory function on them. The heated mirrors and seats are nice too.

I'd put a big brake upgrade in the car, otherwise it's hard to improve on these vehicles. If you find one in good condition, I'd buy it! There are a lot of aftermarket parts available too and an online car club. Just do a search

Ever-Ready Legend
By ForeverLegend

1994 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

The Legend was bought used, and after 100,000 miles, the car is still going strong. At 170K miles, the car has had a few problems. Driver side window is dead, master cylinder has been replace, and splits in the leather seats. And one time the rear brake pad popped out of its bracket after my hitting a pothole. On the plus side, I've never had any major problems. I typically drive freeways at 90 mph, get around 22 mpg, and have a smooth ride and good acceleration. If my Legend is like most others, I'll still be driving my car after another 100K miles. I've been very happy with my car, and don't know what I'd buy as a replacement.

Integration of seat and driving console. Comfortable ride after 1000 continuous miles.

Auxiliary iPod hookup into stereo. Better electrical connection - battery goes dead after 2 weeks.

Awesomeness
By justASK1

1994 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

This car has aggressive, yet smooth styling, and is very good-looking inside and out. Great for the value: I think the car is awesome. Many great features like heated leather seats, heated mirrors, 4 wheel abs disc brakes, fully automatic climate control, 6 disc cd changer, etc. Mileage is somewhat poor, but that's to be expected since the car weighs 3500 pounds and has a drag coefficient of .34 (not very aerodynamic even for a sedan). I believe the poor mileage is also due to the ambiguity of the 4-speed automatic transmission, and although the car has a lockup torque- converter, the fact that the engine was mounted longitudinally contributes to power losses in drivetrain.

Reliability, interior and exterior styling.

Needs more than one cupholder.

14 years old and looking great
By SJB

1994 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I always was allured by the body style of the Legend. Even after the fact that it is a 14 yr old car the design is unsurpassed. The Legend was way ahead of it's time. I bought this car with 120k and the motor is as if it was off the showroom floor. It squaks the tires from 1st to 2nd gear, without me trying. It is luxury and sport wrapped into one. 'Nough said!!!

I love the programmed seat and telescopic steering wheel setting.

Have no complaints other than the paint could have been of a higher quality. My hood has fading spots on it.