Used 1990 Acura Legend Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Acura Legend Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

I Looooove This Car!!!
By BDCarguy

1990 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car for my first car about 2 months ago and I must say I am very pleased with it all the way around. To my surprise and delight I found out that a 19 year old car with 230k miles can still kick on the highway. The torque produced by the low volume V-6 makes this car jump off the line like no other! I don't think I've seen another front wheel drive car that can burn out. I had to drive it hard for a while just to break it in and get a feel for it and found that it is surprisingly easy to chirp the tires into second and I even heard a squeak into third. The comfort factor on the seats has to be a nine but the lack of cup holders is disappointing...

V-6 with a 5 speed (wooot!). The seats are comfy enough and the power adjusting driver seat and steering wheel are nice too. Also the large trunk space makes this a good all occasion car.

Needs cup holders!!! (Where am I supposed to put my Pina Colada Slurpy from 7-11?) Also This car should have come with a stock turbo, this engine could be crankin 350 HP with maybe a 1 atm turbo.

2nd owner of driving machine
By Jaleut

1990 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Wife & I found this GEM (43k miles @ $17,676) when a nice business lady turned it in to upgrade. Aside from the usual maintenance, this car performed flawlessly until 189k when one main bearing froze which required an engine replacement (33k on replacement). Replaced alternator, starter and radiator and some suspension parts from 189k to 284k at which time replaced timing belt, water pump and gaskets on valve covers, front crank and oil pan. Also replaced right drive CV. It would be a shame to give up on this work-horse of a vehicle that is only subject to components that wear out with heavy driving. Wish I could be confident of the new technology when it arrives in 2010 when I may buy.

Get up and GO! Great interior (no cup holders, but understand that this was intended). Great ride. Never let me down on a long trip.

Better windshield mechanicals. Had to replace components.

Tuly a Legend
By Larry

1990 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Honda built these cars and never again matched their performance, height, balance, economy, space efficiency, durability, and fun to drive quotient. WE had this car from 122K to 180K and just got a '08 Accord to replace it. I am not a happy camper - no more sport mode transmission, no more multi - link double wishbone rear suspension, no more silky smooth v-6 that even at 180K would happily sing to is redline and still go 120+ with ease. What an engine that 2.7 liter was- and 161 HP??? Please - NO WAY. This car would fly, and 80-100 on the interstate? In a snap. Fantastic car and I miss her already - after only one day. she'll forever be a yardstick against which I measure others.

handling, sport transmission mode, low cowl, low ride eight, useful trunk space - size and shape

More HP - otherwise perfect

Just a few minor quirks. Love the car
By Amelia42188

1990 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I got the Acura legend about a year and a half ago. I've driven it across country 3 times already. Its a 1990, and when I bought it it probably had 150,000 miles on it, now its in the mid 70's but its been great. The only major problem i've had is the alternator dying. Other than that its just an amazing car, fun to drive. I guess there are a few things, it makes a weird noise when I turn, and i have to replace the breaks now, as well as the exhaust but it does have a lot of miles on it so i guess that kind of stuff can be expected.

The power everything!! The huge power sunroof. The sport mode that can make it do a hundred plus in a matter of seconds. Couldn't ask for a better car.

Cupholders would be nice... did they not have drinks in their cars in the early 90s? I have to put new power steering fluid in every couple of weeks, or else the wheel gets really stiff.

The best car for the money!
By ikeberry

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 245,000 miles. I have continued to drive it without any major problems. It now has 279K. The car is 17 years old and still is holding up to the New York winters. Little exterior rust. Interior leather has not held up good through the years, cracked and needs to be covered over. Engine still has some get up and go in it.

Moonroof, still no leaking! Trunk release button built onto the driver's side door. Interior lamps.

Cupholders as everyone has mentioned.