Used 1996 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Terrific car
By Raven

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I recently traded in my Integra for a 3.2 TL Type S, and while I love my TL, my memories of that wonderful Integra will always be with me. Great acceleration, amazing handling on curves and the ability to get in and out of traffic make that car a joy to drive. The styling is great and there's just something about what Acura does with engines that creates a powerful sound that makes you love what you're driving. Reliability? Acura has cornered the market on it. I have owned 2 Acuras - now on my third - and I will never purchase any other brand. Not a thing ever went wrong with my vehicle and I drove it harder than I ever should have.

Engine - sound and performance. Styling - race car style with elegance. Reliability - what can you say about a vehicle that never has a mechanical problem in 12 years.

Model has been discontinued - a shame, but for those still out there, perhaps comfort level would be a nice improvement. All in all, a tremendous bang for the buck. Honda outdid itself with Acura.

It is what it is
By acura lover

1996 Acura Integra RS 4dr Sedan

I've had my car now for about 6 years now. I think for what the car is worth, it's a very reliable and good car. Since buying the car i've not come across any problem... as long as you keep up with your regular maint. you're good. At 138K still goes up to 110mph not so bad!

The seats are too low, too much noice while driving on the road (so if you want to talk on the phone while driving get prepared to raise your voice), cup holders are too small and gets in the way of the radio.

A lot of fun for 4 doors
By cowboycoffee

1996 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

Picked this little four door up to use as a high-mileage commuter. Putting on 100 miles a day might sound abusive, but after two solid years I've only changed the oil and one set of rotors. Runs aggressively fast if you're not afraid of high revs and it's very, very nimble. Great comfort in the seats for long drives with the adjustable lumbar support. Nice big trunk and the fold-down rear seat is genius for carting home the assorted skis, lumber and other necessities. All in all, a great performing commuter and a sporty weekend curb-hugger. Highly recommend taking one out for a spin.

The moon roof is a great touch with the separate sun/noise slide. Nice clean lines and looks very sleek for a car that's now 12 years old.

Road noise can be a bit high depending on where you live, but mostly I'd like to see a bit less lateral roll in tight corners.

Wonderful car
By Raven

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my GS-R for 5 years (bought it used) and have loved driving it ever since. Who would have thought 4 cylinders could do what this car does. I have to get a larger car now due to family additions, but this car has set a standard for quality, reliability and performance that will have to be met by the next car I drive - which will be an Acura, thanks to this little marvel. Great handling, no problems, loves the road and you can count on this little machine. What else is there?

Handling, acceleration, sound system, looks, reliability.

Back seat - needs more head room.

Love, love, love. Bought new in '96!
By Gayle

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This has been and continues to be a great car. I will probably keep many more years. Very reliable and so much fun to ride. The back is always reserved for my dog. The moon roof is wonderful and after almost 11 years I have finally installed a CD player. My original research paid off. Many have tried to buy from me and I tell them "no". No big major repairs, just keep well maintained. Highly recommend.

Large storage room with back seats down. Seeing is believing what you can transport. Good car for a short person. Fuel efficiency with gas so expensive.

Wish the interior wasn't black. There weren't any options for the exterior color I picked. Yes, cup holders are too close to radio but not a real big deal. Wish Acura would make a little convertible.