Used 1995 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Integrity
By D Man

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This is a follow up to a previous review. It's been about 2 years and 21,000 miles later and so far the only problems I've had is the ac compressor went out and the engine eats oil but not too bad. All the money I put into it is voluntarily as parts are cheap and easy to come by. Good investment for a quick, reliable car that looks good (type r clone) just don't put a stupid muffler on it.

Gas mileage, reliability, Type r style

Buy an alarm and a club people love to steal these cars. Stock headlights are dim, cup holders are worthless.

Not reliable anymore
By JF

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 48K miles on it, has 130k now. Acura/Honda reliability? My Integra didn't get that memo, unfortunately. Since I bought the car I have replaced the distributor, two wheel bearings, the radiator TWICE, water pump/timing belt TWICE, thermostat THREE times, the antenna, yes the antenna - TWICE, two brake jobs, along with belts/hoses/pulleys etc. It is an older car yes, but "it's a Honda", right? Shouldn't have this many problems. I can't go 2 months anymore without it breaking down. Overall I have enjoyed this car the past 9 years. But it has spoiled Honda's reliability reputation with me. If 9 out of 10 Hondas/Acuras are reliable, I got the one lemon.

Fun to drive, decent fuel economy.

I would say make it more reliable. But I hear Honda/Acura is actually a reliable car for most people. So I'm just unlucky I suppose.

No pain if maintained
By MG

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 6 years, and have put on 31k miles. It is now at 116k miles. Only this year did I start having to replace certain engine components, including a center pipe, muffler, tail pipe, timing belt, water pump, starter, front axles, and the other belts. I was extremely lucky because the timing belt snapped on me while I was in idle/neutral at a light. Luckily, there was no valve damage. The car is ultra reliable, always starting on the very first key turn whether in Wisconsin blizzard or Tennessee heat wave.

Interior is still in great condition. Car design is still somewhat contemporary.

Passengers have a rocky ride.

Car Stolen and Stripped
By PK

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I'm the original owner and the car was wonderful with only 96k miles. It was stolen and stripped a couple of weeks ago. We are so bummed; the car was worth so much more to us than insurance will ever pay. I was hoping to get 280,000 miles like the other poster. BEWARE that these cars are easy to steal. I was told this a million times after it was stolen; never heard about it before. What a shame. Loved the car-it was a blast to drive.

Fun to drive.

Welcome to Reliability City
By Kurt in Sacramento

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Integra. I bought this one one year ago with 90K miles. Now it has 110K miles and no problems. I had the A/C recharged and that's it. If you want a car that will keep you out of the mechanic's shop, this is it. All it needs is an oil change every 3 or 4 thousand miles. If you can find one with lower mileage (ideally) that has not been modified by a youngster or whoever, don't think about it, just buy it! You will be glad you did. Keep in mind 2001 is the last year for the Integra. Suggestion; if the car has around 100K miles, make sure the timing belt has been changed or change it yourself for peace-of-mind any more years of service.

In general it feels like a solidly built car. I like the way it drives and looks. When the back seats are folded down one can put a surprisingly large amount of stuff in the back. Sun/moon roof is nice!

More head room but I'm very tall at 6'4" (leg room is not bad). The only thing on this car that does not work is the driver and passenger door locks. If you have this problem and your car has electric locks my suggestion is to install an alarm for keyless entry, very convenient and cool.