Used 2003 Acura CL Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura CL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Don't Let Your Rowdy Kids Have One of These
By Juan

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought one of these as my first car when I was 19. I needed a car, and this was honestly one of my last options, since I wasn't thinking straight and was looking for something sporty-ish. I didn't really like the way the exterior looked, and I kind of wanted the Audi A4 I had been looking at. But after all the problems we found on the A4, I went with this one. Mine was the 03 Type - S with the six-speed standard and navigation, and yes, this is the car that I used to finally finish learning to drive a standard transmission. When I first got it, I didn't really like it too much because I wasn't really aware of what I had. As I began to spend more time in it, I really started to warm up to it. At that point the only thing I really didn't like was the fact that it was FWD, but I didn't have room to complain since I picked it up for a really good price considering the mileage (132156) and the near immaculate condition it was in. At 13 years old, it drove like a brand new car. For what it was it had outstanding performance, and really good comfort. I fell asleep in the driver's seat a couple of times, and it was always kind of hard to keep your foot off the throttle, especially when there was little to no traffic on the road. It handled like a champ, and was an absolute riot to drive. It is a Honda at the end of the day, so maintenance was easy and relatively inexpensive, which is nice if you are wanting to enter the cult of car enthusiasts. As far as gas mileage goes, it is a V6, so while it's not a gas guzzler by any means, you are gonna be dropping a bit more cash on fuel. Then again, if you're buying a car like this, and you're worried about fuel economy, you're probably not looking in the right place. This car served me so well, it was really hard to see it go after it was totaled. I think I was actually sentimentally attached to this car because I took care of it, it took very good care of me, it was always there when I needed it, and I had some really good times in that car. It will always be missed, hands down the best $4k I've spent so far.

Cl for life
By Dennis Capraro

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I’ve owned this CL since 2003 (last year of this model) and it has 199,975 Miles. The only problem I ever has was a transmission issue about 5 years ago which was quickly remedied. The car is a beautifully designed auto that was exhilarating at times to drive. I never feel unsafe in this car and will probably never part with it. One of Acura’s true gems!

Love my CL Type S
By Amy Saus

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect Combination of Sport and Luxury
By xrodriguez1992

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am really enjoying driving this car! It blends sport and luxury perfectly. You have all the luxury features you would expect out of an Acura such as leather seats, memory seats, climate control, heated seats, Bose stereo, Xenon headlights, etc. But with the CL-S you get the quicker 260 hp/232 lb-tq engine and the 6-speed manual makes it a thrill to drive. It handles great but the suspension isn't too rough for daily driving. The Honda-made J32 engine is extremely reliable and should last for many more years to come. I can't think of too many other cars that combine all of this in one package. If you can find one with the 6-speed, buy it now!

Reliability, memory seats, Bose stereo is pretty good, Xenon headlights, seats hold you in nicely but are still comfortable, 6-speed is outstanding, power is very solid as well.

Would like better fuel economy, but that's mainly on my driving style. It's hard not to dip into VTEC every once in a while and hear the car roar!

Love this car
By Kane Jones

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2003 acura 3.2 cl 2 years ago from a friend of mine who owns a mechanic shop, and I must say that this car is an amazing car, the engine sounds great and at times I would just turn the radio off just to listen to the engine purr as it has a distinct sound to it that sounds so good, the only issue I've had so far is with the power steering making a whining noise which turns out to be the power steering pump, but otherwise this is a great car, I updated the deck to a double din screen, hooked up a back up camera to it and installed an amplifier with an 18 inch sub woofer and now my wife is driving in style lol....I will buy another cl for myself.