Used 2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Acura CL

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Love this car
By acurafun

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this a few months ago bc of the low miles and i must say I love everything about it and will prob own this for another 100k miles. I bought an extended warranty but doubt I will ever use it. I replaced an 04 TL and must say this car is older but much better and I am so glad I went used with Acura.

The speed and comfort.

None!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!
By vip

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have this ac for about 4 years now. Bought it 16K now has 100 K +. I am telling you, I still look forward to getting in this car and drive to work. Absolute fun car to drive. Still drive brand new. I think it can easily run an another 100k without any issues. A++

Performance, speed, quiet

Fuel economy

Great Car!
By T

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Man I love this car. I've had it going on 5 yrs, and currently have 218+k miles. This car just keeps going, I've only had to do some reg. maintenance and 2 sets of tires, of course from the mileage ware. I have to say the comfort in the room and seats are great If I rent, or borrow another car, I cant wait to get back in mine. My only cons would be the exterior road noise, and the trans. is a bit sensitive and needs freq. monitoring, but thats any Honda.

The Bose system is awesome. I'm a music producer, and I ride in the car just to listen to final drafts. Also the auto search/temp program button is an ingenious idea.

Road noise, Folding rear seats would have been cool. Mode button for stereo on steering wheel.

For My Money-Unbeatable
By Paul

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Acura may not have won over the hardcore luxury sports car owners, but this car is amazing for the price. You're given a standard 3.2 liter with 225 horsepower and I get about 24 mpg average. On the highway it can reach 30 mpg. The car is already loaded (no options): 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, dual power seats, TCS, 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, auto-manual 5 speed trans., auto climate control, power sunroof. All this for under $33k. The 225 horsepower engine delivers a brilliant tone and is pretty quick. The styling is a large improvement from the older model as well. The interior is so easy to navigate too. The seats are comfortable and leather clad.

Ease of use, the engine power and exhaust note, all the standard features, price, roomy for a two door

If the car were to be brought back I'd make it a RWD to really be a luxury sports car and add a paddle shifter gear box, steering and suspension are very sloppy and loose too, stiffen shocks and change steering to rack and pinion.

No (Major) Complaints
By cat

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car all around. Had problems with initial transmission, but Acura happily replaced it. (It helps that I had bought the extended warranty.) Everyone I know loves my car (and most of them are jealous of me for driving it...oh well, that's their problem!).

Styling, stereo system, large trunk space.

Better seat belt system.