Used 1999 Acura CL Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Acura CL

View reviews for a specific CL model:

I love my 1999 Acura 3.0
By dariaesq

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought my used red coupe in Dec. 2002 for $15k. Previously was leased & had 32k miles on it. I have had no issues with my car except that I had to get a new alternator in 2005. My mechanic says he has seen people bring this car in well into the 200k mile range with no major issues. I love the power behind this car. The car is nimble & quick which has saved me from accidents in difficult DC area traffic. The acceleration is great. I used to date a car enthusiast who told me this car has such great guts that many buy these cars and soup them up for racing purposes. I plan to keep this car forever.

My favorite are the leather seats, sunroof, booty warmers, the Bose system is great, the ability to change radio stations/CD tracks with a control on the steering wheel & the ability to pop open the trunk with the keyless remote which is very helpful when lugging groceries to the car

could be a lil roomier inside, I am a big 6ft gal and my boyfriend is 6'5 260 and it is a sight to behold to see us both in my ride; we both have to push the seats all the way back (and he has to recline his) to sit comfortably

Super Car
By Kendall

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I have had my 3.0 for 3 years now and I love it! It has 125,000 miles now and is still running great. The A/C is stuck on though and wish it didn't have digital temperature controls because there is no way of turning it off. We have only had to replace the motor in the drivers window and the timing belt (normal maintenance though for a car with more than 100k). Great commuter car and fun to drive I wouldn't change a thing! Also great sound system and the leather seats are holding up great!

The sporty yet classy look is my favorite. I would buy again!

NONE

Pretty darn good
By big c

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought mine used and its a great car, good power very roomy for a coupe, take it up to 60 mph and let the fun begin, accelerates better at high speeds. Also retains value very well. Great thing is no options brings everything you might need in a coupe standard. And very comfortable in the back which is rare for a coupe.

Roomy interior,great acceleration. Very comfortable seats front and back

Jumps on strong take off because of front wheel drive, also needed a sportier look but still a nice looking car

Outstanding machinery
By ns97us

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

So far I only added the gas and did the regular maintenance. Has the original Michelin tires (100k)! This baby helps me to take the lead on the fastest lane of the freeway in no time: it's the cheetah of the roads.

Shiny paint, the sound when accelerate, head turner, CD sound, 33 mpg summer/30 mpg winter, good materials and engineering.

Powertrain a bit noisy at low speeds

Great little car
By tneef

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

Bought the car for my daughter when she
turned 16 and now hate to give it up.
Fun to drive, great gas mileage and no
problems.

Acura service was great when I took it in to have it checked out.

Can only wish someone had thought to sell one as a drop dead convertable! Hey, I guy can dream can't he.