Used 1998 Acura CL Coupe Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Acura CL Coupe

View reviews for a specific CL model:

THE BEST
By Cory

1998 Acura CL Coupe 2.3 Premium 2dr Coupe

I own a 98 acura cl 2.3 5 spd tranny and it is amazing . My vehicle has over 200k and STILL RUNNING like new. No Major Problems for the mileage. All my Suspension/steering parts are still factory and not worn out YET. Car is 100% reliable and would rec. to any body looking for a Cheap reliable used car Awesome car!!!

Every thing

Turbo charger

Fabulous
By cammi450

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2/08. I figured it would get me through a few years until I could buy something "better". But I absolutely LOVE this car. It is beautiful (people think it is only a few years old) and extremely reliable (over 150,000 miles). I have only had to replace brakes and the alternator. I will not sell it anytime soon.

The quick response and smooth ride.

The turning radius is horrible. And...my Bose system went out (had to replace it with a store bought radio/CD player).

Awesome beginner car
By happy Acura owner

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car six months ago, glad I did. Didn't really know what I was looking for in a car but got this one cheap, because it had been wrecked. No internal damage though. Runs great and reliably, good acceleration. Wonderful handling, I had the tendency to take corners at high speeds and this machine took my abuse with grace and function, on multiple occasions, and I love the leather interior and effective air conditioning and power moonroof. I will never own a car that doesn't have a black leather interior or faux leather (at the least). Very comfortable.

Handling, accelerating and interior.

Fuel filter should be on the bottom of the car, it is very hard to replace it where is is currently located. Close to the firewall under the hood.

Great Car!
By Rita

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car after owning a crappy VW Passat 2 years ago. This car has been great; no problems in general. The gas mileage can be rough if you want to get moving fast, but otherwise, not bad for a V6. (I typically get about 25 mpg in city traffic.) I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a car that's a lot of fun to drive.

Power, sunroof, reliability

Nothing that I can think of. It's been a great car.

Sweet ride!!!
By kevin

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

I've only had it for a week, and it's super fun to drive! Bought it with 97,500 miles on it for $5800, worth every penny so far!

Power/acceleration. Effortless freeway driving. Accessories: sunroof; seat-warmers; 6 CD changer, auto A/C, etc. Simple functionality. Plain, good-looking appearance.

Smaller turn radius (for easier parallel parking). Smoother transition from 1st to 2nd gear. Fuel economy (not as good on the 3.0L). Driver seat belt gets caught up with seat release.