Edmunds.com Sponsors 2012 Digital Summit Learning Conference for Car Dealers Nationwide
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — April 10, 2012 — Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, will sponsor next month's Digital Summit at Mountain View, which brings together some of the online industry's top minds to share leading edge philosophies and technology tips for digital sales and marketing in the auto industry. The summit will be held May 7-9 at Google headquarters in Mountain View, Ca.
"More vehicle transactions are starting online than ever before, and the auto industry is still shaping best practices to capture this growing segment of car buyers," said Donna Sechrist, Edmunds.com Sr. Vice President for Dealer Initiatives. "This conference is an excellent opportunity for dealers to learn from the top digital sales and marketing experts in the country, and come back with new and exciting ways to succeed with more online customers."
This year's summit will feature presentations from top digital business leaders like:
- Guy Kawasaki, co-founder of Alltop.com, an "online magazine rack" of popular topics on the web and a founding partner at Garage Technology Ventures.
- Grant Cardone, international sales expert and author providing motivation & sales training programs to Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, success-minded individuals and entrepreneurs.
- Todd Rowe, Head of Google Global Channel Sales, responsible for selling Google's AdWords, video and mobile products to small and mid-sized companies through third parties in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- Duncan Scarry, the founder and CEO of Haystak Digital Marketing & Moore & Scarry Advertising, is a nationally recognized authority on automotive digital marketing.
- Amir Rezvani, co-founder of DealerOn, which helps auto dealers increase the effectiveness of their online marketing efforts. He has spent the last 8 years helping DealerOn with marketing and product development.
- Jeff Kershner, founder of DealerRefresh, which stresses best practices for leveraging Internet marketing and new age sales processes within the car dealership.
Edmunds.com has hired approximately 130 people in the past 18 months to help bridge car dealers and car buyers through its Dealer Initiatives business described at http://www.edmunds.com/dealers/insight-newsletter/new-edmundscom-program-directly-connects-dealers-with-car-buyers.html. The Edmunds Direct program is designed to give participating dealers direct, exclusive and immediate exposure to the rich audience of car shoppers who are actively researching and comparing vehicles on Edmunds.com. This carefully created new program is intended to be far more efficient than the "leads" system that was created in the Internet's infancy.
The Digital Summit is free to attend and by invite only. Dealers can request an invite at http://www.digitalsummitatmountainview.com/registration/request-invitation/ or by contacting Elle Morgan at (310)-309-6477.
About Edmunds.com, Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/index.html)
Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site. Its acclaimed mobile site, Edmunds.com Android App and five-star Edmunds iPhone and iPad apps make car pricing and other research tools available for car shoppers at dealerships and on the go. Its automotive enthusiast web site, InsideLine.com, is the most-read car publication of its kind. Its highly regarded mobile site and iPhone app features the wireless Web's most comprehensive gallery of automotive photos and videos. Edmunds.com Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit. Follow Edmunds.com on Twitter@edmunds and fan Edmunds.com on Facebook.