Edmunds.com Assembles Leading Car Safety Experts and Innovative Thinkers for May Conference in Washington, DC
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — March 22, 2011 — Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, will host a free conference in Washington, DC this May to facilitate a constructive discourse that will influence car safety policy and product development, and will make our roads safer.
Edmunds' Safety Conference: Truly Safe? Debunking Myths and Crafting Effective Policies for Car Safety will take place on Tuesday, May 24, 2011. The event is free, but credentials are required.
The conference will feature speeches and presentations from some of the top thought leaders in automotive safety, including:
- Congressman John Dingell
- NHTSA Administrator David Strickland
- DOT's Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) Administrator Peter Appel
- AutoNation Chairman and CEO Mike Jackson
- IIHS President Adrian Lund
- Former NHTSA Administrator Joan Claybrook
- GHSA Executive Director Barbara Harsha
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety President and Chief Executive Officer Peter Kissinger
- A variety of academic experts and business leaders with surprising insights and captivating news announcements
Advance materials and practical details on the conference can be found at http://www.autoobserver.com/2011-car-safety-conference — and the site is being updated regularly with interesting content that reflects the event's intellectual and engaging tone.
Materials currently posted in the safety conference library on Edmunds' AutoObserver.com include:
- An overview of automobile ergonomics, human factors and safety by The Design of Everyday Things author Don Norman
- Opportunities and suggestions for maximizing traffic safety data by InfoCommerce Founder and Managing Director Russell Perkins
- An analysis of the teenage driver's brain by Temple University professor and You and Your Adolescent author Laurence Steinberg, Ph.D.
"We all want safer roads, but what is really behind the recent declines in traffic-related fatalities? How can we ensure that the trend will continue? What are the lessons from last year's intense focus on unintended acceleration?" asks Edmunds.com CEO Jeremy Anwyl. "Our safety conference is an opportunity for industry, government and other experts to meet, learn, debate and emerge with new ideas on how to move this important issue forward."
About Edmunds.com, Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/index.html)
Edmunds.com Inc. publishes Web sites that empower, engage and educate automotive consumers, enthusiasts and insiders. Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site and hosts the most established automotive community online. Its mobile site, accessible from any smartphone at www.edmunds.com, makes car pricing and other research tools available for car shoppers at dealerships and otherwise on the go. InsideLine.com is the most-read automotive enthusiast Web site. Its mobile site, accessible from any smartphone at www.insideline.com, features the wireless Web's highest quality car photos and videos. AutoObserver.com provides insightful automotive industry commentary and analysis. Edmunds.com Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit. Follow Edmunds.com on Twitter@edmunds and fan Edmunds.com on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/edmunds.