2016 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Not there yet ..... Need more work . No reliable
By rani sharma

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

when the car came out and I reviewed it on line I was so happy that I got a car I wanted to buy . did a test drive and loved the car but center console is too cumbersome and will take some time to get used to. Was bout to pull the trigger but I read multiple reviews on lien about the software issue and poor costumer support of Volvo . One of my co worker who own it and he was Curs***** Volvo right and left when I asked him how his experience with the car. He has issue with the battery Darning for no reason and other software issue. I wanted to like this car so bad but with so may issue I decided to go with time tested Mercedes. Sorry Volvo I really loved this car and how it looks and technology but may be I have to wait for next 5-6 yrs before they fix the bugs . I owned a Honda for seven years and never a problem with it .

Ken
By Ken

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Love this vehicle!

Hold off buying this car !
By SweetOldBill

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Love my new Volvo XC90 when it starts. Beautiful inside and out, lots of great safety features, and a pleasure to drive. However, there have been severe software issues and most recently battery draining for no apparent reason when it sits. Each trip to shop has been 2 - 3 days, because their technicians are not fully up to speed and/or the software is too screwed up. They generally have to do a remote consult with Volvo engineers.. As I write this I am about to jump start it to take it back to the shop again, just a month after the last battery episode (they did a battery reset and then installed a new battery last time, but never did find the cause). Do a Google search and you will find dozens of other people with the same problem. Another issue is quirky navigation system. Usually reliable, but occasionally totally screws up destination city. My recommendation. Do not buy this car yet. Perhaps wait a year until Volvo gets their act together.

Nice, but bought the Q7
By Kevin

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

It looks fantastic inside and out and has wonderful features including safety - Volvo's namesake. Interior is truly wonderful. We almost bought it. The technology is not intuitive and quite tricky to use - wonky touch pad and too many screens. The 4-cyl engine is buzzier than competitor's smoother 6-cyl options. And the dealership is not the same from a service/experience standpoint as other European options.

2016 Volvo XC90 Stay away for now
By XC90noway

2016 Volvo XC90 SUV T5 Inscription 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had the car since February and this is my third and last Volvo. The quality of the software in the car is just terrible! Internet would not come in. Voice recognition just did not work... Every time Volvo fixes something on the car, something else breaks. This last recall brok the GPS. It doesn't put me in the right city! Some features are there to configure but simply do not work... Do not try to disable the auto-engine stop feature. Although the option is there to select it or not, it doesn't do anything. Hope you like driving in comfort mode because, even if you can configure the driving mode at startup, the car will always start in comfort mode. So, you need to disable auto-engine stop and comfort mode everytime you get in the car! Volvo is adding new features to the software (Apple CarPlay)... How about fixing the software that is there and then add new things? As I said, this is my last Volvo.