2011 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Magic Blue R-Design for the Road
By akbrant on 10/31/11 23:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2011 XC70 for this 2011 XC90 in March 2011 for a road trip from Alaska to Texas on to California and back to Alaska. I put 13,000 miles on this baby in 30 days. I have never had a vehicle cradle me on a long rip like this one. I drove many 600-800 mile days and had not one ache or pain at the end of the day. The OEM Perrelli tires sucked, and I put Continental AWD Contacts on and it is luxury personified. The NAV is clunky, but I got used to it as the days went on. I have to leave the NAV on or the backup camera would never get used as it takes too long to rise up. It is sad I gave up newer technology in the XC70, but ergonomically the XC90 is much better for a tall guys.

Beige leatherseats
By leatherseats2 on 07/29/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Reporting XC90 interior leather seats. I am very satisfied with the performance of this vehicle. I am surprised about quality of interior seats. I drive the XC90 every day back/forth to the train station; 10 miles p/day. Leather seats are beige and middle section of leather seats look extremely worn and veined, wearing business attire. Leather in the middle section of the seats looks smoother compared to surrounding areas of seats and scares easily. This flaw will impact resale value. Had to replace the frame of the passenger seat once because it cracked with my weight of 145 pounds. Used to own a XC70 for five years and its beige leather seats looked like new.

A Volvo that turns heads??
By rocco on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've just owned the XC90 R-Design for a bit over a week, so I can not speak to its durability or reliability, but I can say that this is one of the best looking, most comfortable, spacious, versatile and well designed SUV's/crossovers on the market. I looked at EVERYTHING in the segment before deciding on the Volvo for offering what is, in my opinion, the most attractive package at a price that can't be touched by BMW, MB, Lexus, Acura. I am a loyal BMW owner and have been extremely pleasantly surprised by Volvo's offering. While the XC90 is an aging design, the R-Design breathes new life into it.

2011 XC90 R-Design
By Jack on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Am I the first to review the 2011 model? I have had one four days now and I absolutely love it. I can not find anything to criticize about the car. You pay for what you get and I feel every option was worth the price. The Volvo drives rock steady on the road and I feel the engine is adequate. I had some concerns about the 6 cylinder but it does the job. So far in mixed driving I am averaging 20MPG. I think with highway driving that will increase. Bluetooth is now built in and works superbly. The radio/telephone controls are mixed together and are a little overwhelming at first but work as designed. The seats are very comfortable and love the R-Design color scheme. Love this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo XC90 Suv in VA is:

$141 per month*