2011 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Just right SUV for family
By philo4 on 02/03/12 07:41 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We had a minivan for a decade, so it's time to change to something different. Looked for a 7 seats SUV and XC90 was our choice. I write this review after 6 months of driving. Its designe is old but still looks good. The engine is just adequate for 4700lbs vehicle, but not refined. The gas mileage is bad and its idling is rough. Volvo needs to improve its engine badly. The ride is ok for SUV but the seats are very comfy. I feel very secure with the XC90. It's not a fancy nor fast SUV but more like driving solid built vehicle.

Very Happy So Far
By copsdoll on 04/14/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 XC90 in July 2010. I had a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor that was totaled and I wanted something even safer. (Endeavor held up well) I have been very pleased with the comfort, the added accessories and the overall drive of the XC90. When I initially read the reviews before purchasing it, I saw many complaints over the gas mileage. I have not found any difference between the gas mileage of my Endeavor and the XC90. I am happy with the gas mileage. The comfortable (heated) seats, the sophisticated look and other added features I didn't have in my Endeavor, make me very happy.

Needs a model refresh...
By jdoria on 01/28/11 13:38 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought one of these solely based on its price when compared to the competitors. With the included 5 years of service, it cant be beat. This one came with every option, BLIS, Xenon, DVD's, Navigation, etc. The Navigation is something I would skip if I had to do this again. I have other cars with easier to use systems. I serves our needs at a "just-good-enough" rating. Its the only car I own that still has a "key". (no proximity token with push button start)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo XC90 Suv in VA is:

$148 per month*