2010 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Fantastic SUV
By oklahoma29 on 02/19/10 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at countless models of SUVs from 2008-2010. I knew from the beginning I wanted a Volvo, but I had to make sure it was the best fit. It definitely was and I love everything about it. The gas mileage is great for an SUV. The interior is awesome with no major blind spots like other SUVs in its class. Plus the price is much better than other luxury SUVs. I purchased a true base model, since the base has leather and sunroof. Those are the two huge features I wanted on my SUV. Even thought it is a V6 it has a lot of power. It gets up and goes. The brakes are also fantastic. Great SUV would purchase again and recommend to a friend.

XC90 THE BEST OF THE REST
By Judy on 01/09/10 19:02 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a 2004, 2007, and now own a 2010 Volvo XC90. My 2010 is an Executive Model. I did not think that the model could get any better but my latest VOLVO XC90 is spectacular!. The Executive Model's interior is outstanding. I feel like I am sitting in my family room. The handling is "tight" and feels like a sport car within a SUV. The safety features are a plus when insurance premiums are due. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who appreciates quality within a sporty, pleasure to drive, as well as styling that commands head turning! This is a perfect vehicle in my book.

New Buyer
By harcherdl on 12/31/09 19:15 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought our AWD XC90 and are very happy so far. Reviews of the add ons (like NAV and entertainment packages) helped us decide not to purchase these features. The safety features are unparalleled, especially at this price. If feels like you are driving a real vehicle instead of a plastic toy. Ride is smooth and much quieter than the Durango SLT Plus we traded in. 5 yr wear and tear, 5 yr maintenance, and 5 yr warranty were great bonuses. Costco buyer's program, and the 2009 tax incentives sealed the deal for us.

Worth every penny
By jenniferdr on 12/30/09 19:45 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After MANY years of wanting this car, we finally took the plunge and I LOVE IT!! I feel so safe in it. I traded in a Yukon and feel that I have gained more storage space since the third row folds flat. LOVE the body style, DON"T EVER CHANGE IT. That was the first thing that made me fall in love with it. LOve the 5 year free maintenance!! Do wish though that for the money, navigation or even blue tooth were standard.

Great Value
By Poppy on 12/14/09 19:40 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at ML350, Q5, MDX, RX350 and X5. This vehicle was head and shoulders above the ML350. Each of the others had its strong points; but my wife chose the XC90 because she liked it best (it had the best overall visibility). We've had it for almost 4 months now and have had absolutely no problems. The fuel mileage is lousy; but competitive with most of the others--14 in town and 21 on the road. It does use regular while the others require premium. The fact that the XC-90 is the least expensive of the bunch is real bonus.

just purchased
By david on 12/05/09 12:19 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After an exhaustive look at a range of cars from the 4 Runner to the Range Rover Sport we settled on the XC90 and I think we got what we expected. An ok vehicle that has an appealing look but it's not flashy, and the interior is nice but creature comfort is lacking. What sold us was the relatively decent price for the number of features and the 5 yrs of free maintenance. We also like the spacious interior and the 3rd row seats are nice to have if needed and space is not compromised, although the 2nd row is a little tighter than some competitors. I'm 6' but could still sit there comfortably. This SUV will be a fill in for a few yrs until something in this $ range gets us excited.

Second XC 90
By kfrgolf on 11/26/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first time in 40 years that I ever got the same exact vehicle that I had been driving. Bravo Volvo - safe , efficient, quiet and has all the amenities

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC90 in VA is:

$100 per month*