Used 2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo Xc90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Nice Ride!
By Kat1976

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle through the military/diplomatic sales in Bahrain and overall it exceeded my expectations. Dissapointments: the vehicle was delivered to DC/VA almost four/five weeks behind scheduled arrival date with wrong interior color (calcite seats...ouch...), my speakers are making weird bzzzz sound. I installed bluetooth and portable 'Garmin for Volvo' navigation system and I am pleased with both. I especially like the portable navsystem, because you can use it with other vehicles;saves you $ when you rent on vacation. I really like how it handles the bumpy DC/VA roads and that there are no blind spots like in other SUVs. Also, the free service plan on 2010 models is a MAJOR perk!

Favorite Features

BLIS, calcite colored seats which have grown on me ;), portable navsystem, park assist, folding mirrors, heated seats/windows, large cargo space with folding seats, bike rack, kayak rack, split rear cargo door, side step bars, no blind spots, smooth acceleration, overall appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Dash board is outdated, built in bluetooth, Sirius/XM radio, updated stereo system, portable/built in navigation should be standard option included in the price of the vehicle.

Good Value for the Money
By cabotcourt

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was apathetic about buying the XC90...too many of them on the road, until I saw the styling of the R-design package...definitely sets itself apart from the pack. The 5 year maintenance/wear and tear program and safety record was what ultimately sold me. Overall, very happy with the vehicle. Just wish it had better gas mileage. A few other minor annoyances like the brake pedal being too close to the gas pedal and the seats seem a bit narrow, but once you get used to these "quirks" they take a back seat to the overall value I think the vehicle offers.

Favorite Features

Styling and design of the R series.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and space between gas and brake pedal. Remote tailgate opener.