2010 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Mold Smell in A/C system & Low Oil Level Warning
By vmfromtx on 01/25/13 11:50 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my CX90 New and have owned it for over 2 years. My Volvo XC90 has an annoying issue. When I turn on the A/C, for the first 30 seconds, bad mold smell comes, and then I don't smell it. Reported to the dealer on 4 different occassions. They supposedly did everything ehey could, but the problem still persists. Recently, at 58000 miles, suddenly "Low Oil Level" sign came up. When I cheked the dipstick it was below minimum. Dealer supposedly checked it and found no oil leaks and says that they must not have put enough during the previous oil change, and that Volvo does eat some oil between service. I will have to monitor the oil level to see if there is a problem.

great at first NOW IM GETTING RID OF IT!
By Penny Johnson on 09/04/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We got it we loved it. we ordered it through the military program and got it fully loaded. 2 days after we got it it went to the shop, BLIS was not working properly. when we got it back the mirror was not on all the way and had to go back. our DVD player broke 3 months later and brought it in. we went to pick it up and they told us it had a recall and it couldnt be taken off the lot. I was mad bc we were going on vacation for the next two weeks and had to take our expedition. we went to pick it up and they LOST our headphones! AND it was dirty inside! i asked them if they would clean it and they said we had to pay for it! i will be trading this 6 MONTH OLD CAR

Good but needs a overhaul
By someone! on 07/20/10 12:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car for my wife and we did the European delivery program which was amazing, I recommend it dearly, I've owned many volvos and this one is the best so far, the only problem I've had with it is the right middle pillar's plastic molding will rattle over jittery bumps and the materials in the interior are not up to date. but one thing if you get the 3.2 you probably will want AWD because it makes it drive much better and without it it's kinda slow

After 2 months
By 4everyoung on 03/29/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Overall one of the better values in the luxury suv market (especially one with 7 seats) and in my opinion one of the better looking suvs' out there even if its an older design.

Van to XC90
By Tatunka on 03/11/10 06:45 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Owned for a few months now and no problems. As noted I would like to see better technology in this car like a modern nav and stereo. The safe and sound warranty is great. All service including oil,brakes rotors, wear and tear etc (except tires) are covered for 5yr/60k 91 octane is recommended but hard to find so I use 93. You can use 87 but I notice a lack of power with the 3.2 engine. Overall, I love this SUV. It is sharp looking and safe. No new design appears in the works until 2012.

4 Months Driving Experience with XC90
By AusTXGK on 03/07/10 07:23 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Volvo XC90 in November 2009. We replaced a 2004 Ford Expedition in order to downsize and gain a little better fuel economy. Pros: The interior and exterior quality and styling of the vehicle is excellent. The leather seats are the best quality/most comfortable of any vehicle I have owned. The vehicle is exceptionally quiet and drives very smoothly at cruising speeds. Cons: The acceleration of the vehicle is a little jerky from start to about 30 mph. It is very noticeable as the vehicle's automatic transmission shifts gears. I think the 6 cyl standard engine is a little undersized for this vehicle. Also the gas mileage is disappointing at average 20 MPG (17 MPG city).

good choice in mid size SUV category
By hook'em on 03/05/10 14:20 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this primarily because I believe, based on an in-depth research, it is the safest SUV around. I looked at the data behind the NHSA and IIHS's ratings in addition to some detailed rollover test results from something called JRS rollover test. I might have taken this safety stuff a little too seriously. However, looking beyond just the readily available ratings (which, in my opinion, would incorrectly indicate that other SUVs are just as safe as the XC90) revealed that Volvo's safety reputation in this case is well deserved. Other pluses: The interior is functional and flexible for our family of 4 (plus grand parents) and to my eyes, this SUV looks better than the others.

Fantastic SUV
By oklahoma29 on 02/19/10 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at countless models of SUVs from 2008-2010. I knew from the beginning I wanted a Volvo, but I had to make sure it was the best fit. It definitely was and I love everything about it. The gas mileage is great for an SUV. The interior is awesome with no major blind spots like other SUVs in its class. Plus the price is much better than other luxury SUVs. I purchased a true base model, since the base has leather and sunroof. Those are the two huge features I wanted on my SUV. Even thought it is a V6 it has a lot of power. It gets up and goes. The brakes are also fantastic. Great SUV would purchase again and recommend to a friend.

New Buyer
By harcherdl on 12/31/09 19:15 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought our AWD XC90 and are very happy so far. Reviews of the add ons (like NAV and entertainment packages) helped us decide not to purchase these features. The safety features are unparalleled, especially at this price. If feels like you are driving a real vehicle instead of a plastic toy. Ride is smooth and much quieter than the Durango SLT Plus we traded in. 5 yr wear and tear, 5 yr maintenance, and 5 yr warranty were great bonuses. Costco buyer's program, and the 2009 tax incentives sealed the deal for us.

Worth every penny
By jenniferdr on 12/30/09 19:45 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After MANY years of wanting this car, we finally took the plunge and I LOVE IT!! I feel so safe in it. I traded in a Yukon and feel that I have gained more storage space since the third row folds flat. LOVE the body style, DON"T EVER CHANGE IT. That was the first thing that made me fall in love with it. LOve the 5 year free maintenance!! Do wish though that for the money, navigation or even blue tooth were standard.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC90 Suv in VA is:

$100 per month*