Used 2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Best SUV I have owed thus far
By Jo

2009 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The best SUV in terms of size, look and gas milage I have yet owned...Very classy and great to drive

The fact that I do not waste money on premium gas...it takes regular and does not effect veh performace or computer components ect...

More compartment space in front...BUT...I'll take it becuase it is my only complaint of this great all around SUV that is very reliable and does not touch the pocket book like other luxury SUV's in this class...

Recommend!
By Peter

2009 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking to go upscale for our next SUV. What first caught my eye was the xc60, which is rated very highly. But when we thought about it, we decided to go one larger and get the xc90, which included the third row. True, it's not really made for hauling 7 adults all the time, but it gives us the flexibility to throw a few extra kids on board for outings. Other than that, we find our R-design 3.2 to be classy, fun to drive, we get a lot of compliments, etc. You get luxury and a certain degree of performance as a bonus to safety and versatility. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. If you want a sophisticated SUV, go Volvo!

Third row is good for kids. Gives SUV versatility, but handles like a mid-size sedan. Classy and SAFE!

The interior clock is on the speedometer, so passengers can't easily see it (maybe it should be on the mirror instead of a compass?). We'd rather have an armrest in the second row than the booster seat. Oh well - c'est la vie.