2009 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Best SUV I have owed thus far
By Jo on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The best SUV in terms of size, look and gas milage I have yet owned...Very classy and great to drive

Some issues
By KEN MORRELL on 07/28/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The XC90 looks beautiful. However, it's not the most comfortable car to drive in. There's not too much room in the front for the driver and passenger. At 14,000 I already needed a wheel alignment which is not covered. Also I had problems which needed service on the drivers side chair as well as indicator lights going off on the dash board for no apparent reason. After one year, I'm looking to trade the vehicle in for a SUV that gets better gas mileage. This SUV consumes gas like I consume beer.

Recommend!
By Peter on 02/09/10 04:20 AM (PST)

2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking to go upscale for our next SUV. What first caught my eye was the xc60, which is rated very highly. But when we thought about it, we decided to go one larger and get the xc90, which included the third row. True, it's not really made for hauling 7 adults all the time, but it gives us the flexibility to throw a few extra kids on board for outings. Other than that, we find our R-design 3.2 to be classy, fun to drive, we get a lot of compliments, etc. You get luxury and a certain degree of performance as a bonus to safety and versatility. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. If you want a sophisticated SUV, go Volvo!

Take it or leave it
By sgring on 10/20/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC90 New 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Nice vehicle- not great- 3rd row not really meant for adults- not a ton of luggage space either. A bit sluggish when accelerating. It has a heavy feel to it when you drive it. Could also use some more power steering help. Difficult to turn the wheel at times. My wife loves the fact that it drives like a tank. She feels very safe in it.

Love my XC90
By Heather on 08/26/09 12:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC90 New 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking at this car since it came out and finally took the plunge and purchased new 09 model. Love everything about it. Handles really wheel and very fun to drive. Bought this truck over alot of others for the trunk space for my ridgeback dog/family member and he has plenty of room and his own AC vents. Only downside i have seen is that the rear vents don't work unless the a/c is on.

Volvo Fan
By Once and again on 07/24/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC90 New 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Volvo XC90 (just traded in my '08 after driving it for two years). I'm surprised that there are not more reviews on this car because we really love ours. Our '08 was t-boned by a driver who ran a red light. I had my two children (5 & 9) in the back seat & none of us suffered any injuries. The other driver totaled his car & suffered from whiplash & minor back injuries. This car is a tank! That's why it does not get very good gas mileage, but I don't mind trading A+ safety for a few more dollars at the gas pump. The XC90 really is a great family car... lots of room, very comfortable, fun to drive, sporty & SAFE!

Back for Seconds
By Second Timer on 06/22/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC90 New 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought our second XC90 after having owned an 06 since Jan 06. We had such a positive experience and now, with the unbelievable new warranty (five years 60K miles, including all routine maintenance plus wear & tear items) buying another one was a no brainer. It's safe, functional and fun to drive. Only complaints. Lousy gas mileage and third row seats are not great for anyone older than ten.

2009 V8 R-Design XC90
By Merzukhi on 05/28/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent performer. Excellent road handling. It is what the manufacturer promises you. This beast, under that deceiving dreamy looking eyes(headlights), really swallow gas when you press for performance. I am not complaining, just a statement because fuel is cheap here, so the petrol consumption doesn't bother me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo XC90 in VA is:

$130 per month*