Used 2009 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Best SUV I have owed thus far
By Jo

2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The best SUV in terms of size, look and gas milage I have yet owned...Very classy and great to drive

The fact that I do not waste money on premium gas...it takes regular and does not effect veh performace or computer components ect...

More compartment space in front...BUT...I'll take it becuase it is my only complaint of this great all around SUV that is very reliable and does not touch the pocket book like other luxury SUV's in this class...

Some issues
By KEN MORRELL

2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The XC90 looks beautiful. However, it's not the most comfortable car to drive in. There's not too much room in the front for the driver and passenger. At 14,000 I already needed a wheel alignment which is not covered. Also I had problems which needed service on the drivers side chair as well as indicator lights going off on the dash board for no apparent reason. After one year, I'm looking to trade the vehicle in for a SUV that gets better gas mileage. This SUV consumes gas like I consume beer.

The vehicle has good visibility. Very high off the ground.

More room for the driver. A place to put my sun glasses.

Recommend!
By Peter

2009 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking to go upscale for our next SUV. What first caught my eye was the xc60, which is rated very highly. But when we thought about it, we decided to go one larger and get the xc90, which included the third row. True, it's not really made for hauling 7 adults all the time, but it gives us the flexibility to throw a few extra kids on board for outings. Other than that, we find our R-design 3.2 to be classy, fun to drive, we get a lot of compliments, etc. You get luxury and a certain degree of performance as a bonus to safety and versatility. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. If you want a sophisticated SUV, go Volvo!

Third row is good for kids. Gives SUV versatility, but handles like a mid-size sedan. Classy and SAFE!

The interior clock is on the speedometer, so passengers can't easily see it (maybe it should be on the mirror instead of a compass?). We'd rather have an armrest in the second row than the booster seat. Oh well - c'est la vie.

Take it or leave it
By sgring

2009 Volvo XC90 New 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Nice vehicle- not great- 3rd row not really meant for adults- not a ton of luggage space either. A bit sluggish when accelerating. It has a heavy feel to it when you drive it. Could also use some more power steering help. Difficult to turn the wheel at times. My wife loves the fact that it drives like a tank. She feels very safe in it.

Blind spot indicator and built in DVD player.

Need an integrated blue tooth system. Competitors are much more advanced. Better gas mileage would be nice as well

Love my XC90
By Heather

2009 Volvo XC90 New 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking at this car since it came out and finally took the plunge and purchased new 09 model. Love everything about it. Handles really wheel and very fun to drive. Bought this truck over alot of others for the trunk space for my ridgeback dog/family member and he has plenty of room and his own AC vents. Only downside i have seen is that the rear vents don't work unless the a/c is on.

Blind spot alert!!!! Love that extra perk!

Easier navigation, better fuel, and more space in the middle row! have two car seats and its pushing the limit but didn't want to compromise on safety so willing to make it work.