2008 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
I was Robbed!
By Biggirl7 on 03/21/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had alway want a Volvo. Well I bought this Volvo XC-90, Jan 2008. I was robbed. This car has been in the service dept ten times in one month. Plus still not fixed right yet! Maintenance plan is not worth the money if dealership can't fix my Volvo. My parking assist has not worked right yet! It comes up after I am finish parking. Plus side bar on SUV are too high for ladies. I thought I wanted this Volvo, but now I would gave it away for a good BMW. Other bad things with this car is too tight up front, very uncomfortable. After paying 50k for it, gas is about high as the car! This car is not worth the money. I wish I had BMW! Don't believe Volvo.

Safest SUV, Stop Crying about MPG
By Dave on 03/17/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

People, you're talking a Volvo not a Honda, you will live through a horrific crash, you will have 311hp, this vehicle is safe, and because of that it weighs as much as much larger SUV's so the 13-18 mpg isn't that bad. Stop crying about fuel economy, put your family in a Prius if that's important to you, if you want a truly safe, well built, nice looking SUV this is the truck for you! Remember you get what you pay for, there's a reason that this truck is over $50,000 without things like navigation and rear view cameras, because you are paying for safety! This is another of those "imports" that you can buy and still buy American, Volvo is a proud member of the Ford Motor Company!

I think I got hoodwinked
By Nervous Wife on 03/08/08 01:25 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Always wanted a Volvo XC90. Bought one. Very happy when delivered. Thought I got a safe and reliable tank! Wrong! The car broke and was towed to the dealership after one week of ownership. It is now back in my garage. How do you feel when you shelled out 40k for a SUV that breaks this early in your ownership? I now keep my fingers crossed. Read your state's Lemon Law. I did. I hope I won't need it. I like this car, but...

Over Rated
By Carl on 02/26/08 17:48 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this vehcile less than 60 days and have had to have the front right blinker light replaced( cracked at factory), have replaced the cam shaft value as it "popped off" leaving a large oily mess and the 90 portion of the XC90 emblem on the back had to be straightened as it was installed crooked at the factory. We are averaging 17 miles per gallon and this is FWD ! We did get a "good" deal based on the over $40K sticker price and final price of $36,250 with dealer cash and X plan discount. This is our first Volvo and may be our last. Traded our Infiniti and have had second thoughts many times.

Perfect car but not enoying it
By Thor on 11/16/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My family has had a Volvo since 1981 and therefore it was not a difficult choice to purchase the XC90. The interior is typical Volvo (little bit too tight) but with the highest quality to find. All seats are strong and comfortable - not just the front seats as in some other SUVs.

Movin' up
By USNav8tor on 11/13/07 01:30 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I recently traded my '06 BMW M3 convertible in for this SUV. I needed the space for our new baby. My rating is slightly lower on performance and fun to drive just based on the fact I have a hard time not comparing it to the M3 - totally different vehicles, but I'm still having a little separation anxiety. I do love this SUV. I did my research and really found this to be the best bang for the buck and it is. I have been a german car owner and vowed to never buy anything else... well Volvo won me over! The Volvo XC90 is fantastic!

Scandinavian Delivery
By bobliles on 09/20/07 13:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We picked up the car at the Volvo delivery center in Goteberg, Sweden and drove to Oslo, Lillehammer, over the mountains to Balestrand, back through Sweden, Karlstad, Stockholm, Kalmar. Climbing the mountains was no effort for the V8 and was unaffected by the altitude. We drove 1700 miles in ten days. The only challenge was parking in an Oslo underground garage meant for the dimunitive European vehicles. Mileage for trip was 23.8 mpg which is excellent considering the mountain and in city driving. But minimum octane in Norway/Sweden was 95. I've been a Honda/Acura owner for 30 years. Owned an MDX and test drove a new MDX recently. The Volvo XC90 is the ultimate.

Volvo is Swedish for "fill her up again"
By navydocwv on 09/08/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new 2008 XC90, but with only a V6, I thought I would get a little better gas mileage. I am averaging 13 MPG. (My guess is that it is such a safe and heavy car from all the steel in it.) I got better gas mileage in my V8 Dodge Durango which was a larger SUV. Other than the gas mileage, this car is cream of the crop and will turn heads. I got the Willow Green which is a great color.

Outstanding Vehicle!
By Carrie on 08/15/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just took possession of my XC90 and love every minute behind the wheel. The well appointed interior, comfortable seating and smooth and quiet ride makes this vehicle a joy to drive. The XC90 exceeded my expectations.

2008 XC90 3.2 AWD
By SYeard on 07/21/07 04:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up the car at the beginning of July and its been happy driving from day one. The XC90 is a pleasure to drive with the 6 cylinder engine and the versatility of the 7 seat capability is a must for all active SUV owners. A very premium experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.