2007 Volvo XC90 Consumer Review: From '06 T5 to '07 V8 Sport

2007 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Review

V8 Sport 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

From '06 T5 to '07 V8 Sport
By Vic - Evanston, IL on

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought an '06 T5 after driving a Honda Accord EX-V6 for 7 years and immediately fell in love with the Volvo fit and finish. I originally wanted a V8 but thought the T5 would get much better gas mileage - wrong! Then I saw the V8 Sport on the road and knew I would have one soon. What I didn't realize was how different the T5 and V8 Sport would be. The growl of the V8 is awesome, the Sport exterior and interior is phenomenal, and all the extras from the Technology/Climate and Convenience packages are to die for. Forget the others. This is the vehicle I will drive everyday for the next 10 years or so, no matter the price of gas - it's worth it!

The V8, the 19" Vulcanis rims, the so-cool active Bi-Xenons, the immensely comfortable seating, the blue instrumentation, the deafening sound system with complimentary Sirius, and the overall fit and finish.

Less road noise from the Pirelli tires. This was very irritating on my T5 once I passed 15,000 miles, but the lesser profile tires on the Sport should be better so I'm told. For $50k, Volvo should throw in all-season rubber mats.