Used 2007 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Fuel pump failure
By Shane Brossette

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My XC90's fuel pump failed at 8000 miles! Volvo replaced the fuel pump, filter, and fuel tank. This was very unsettling and frustrating so early in my ownership.

Excellent handling, responsiveness, road feel. Pleasant audio system. MP3 jack nice touch. Most comfortable front seats I've ever sat in.

Better in cabin storage for sunglasses. AC, headlight, wiper controls not intuitive.

From '06 T5 to '07 V8 Sport
By Vic - Evanston, IL

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought an '06 T5 after driving a Honda Accord EX-V6 for 7 years and immediately fell in love with the Volvo fit and finish. I originally wanted a V8 but thought the T5 would get much better gas mileage - wrong! Then I saw the V8 Sport on the road and knew I would have one soon. What I didn't realize was how different the T5 and V8 Sport would be. The growl of the V8 is awesome, the Sport exterior and interior is phenomenal, and all the extras from the Technology/Climate and Convenience packages are to die for. Forget the others. This is the vehicle I will drive everyday for the next 10 years or so, no matter the price of gas - it's worth it!

The V8, the 19" Vulcanis rims, the so-cool active Bi-Xenons, the immensely comfortable seating, the blue instrumentation, the deafening sound system with complimentary Sirius, and the overall fit and finish.

Less road noise from the Pirelli tires. This was very irritating on my T5 once I passed 15,000 miles, but the lesser profile tires on the Sport should be better so I'm told. For $50k, Volvo should throw in all-season rubber mats.

Never drive a minivan again!
By twinmama

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car! Only complaint: mileage. I only get about 14.3 mpg. Other than that, spacious, great design, user friendly, great for kids and cargo. Love it. Will never go back to a minivan or station wagon again (unless it's another Volvo!!).

Fold down seats and six cupholders. Stereo with built in iPod connection is awesome!

Needs to beep when the alarm is set.

Sweet Ride
By Sweet Ride

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Since I purchased the wagon 45 days ago, I have put 3,000 miles on with no problems. The wagon runs smooth and quiet with power when needed. This is the first V8 I have purchased so I had to get used to the reduced gas mileage. There should be no expectations for great gas mileage with a 5,000 pound vehicle. Design, fit and finish are unmatched. This is my 3rd Volvo I have purchased. If the design and quality continue, I can see myself hooked for life.

Smooth power, quiet ride, family oriented space, great entertainment system.

Given the state of today's techology, I would like to see a hybrid mated with the V8. The mileage I get on the freeway is good, 23-25 mpg. It is the city driving that drives down the mileage.

Volvo Experience
By Eric Burnette

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Quality construction, great reliability, excellent acceleration, eye catching design, only the Cayenne can compare (exterior design). Improve stereo sound quality (lacks richness and depth). Interior functionality (design, seats, storage, cupholders, tailgate) is genius, spartan in an exquisite sort of way. No wasted electronic frills, paint quality is superior, braking exceeds expectations. Lives up to the Volvo name and tradition.

Everything!

Fuel economy! Work on the stereo, not bad, could be better, given the overall quality of the vehicle.