2007 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Nice!
By Nice! on 05/14/07 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the XC90. Last car was the Acura MDX. Really enjoying the Volvo but do miss some of the nooks and crannies of the MDX for eye glasses, cell phones, loose change etc. Would also say the Acura had more of a luxurious feel on the inside. But, putting those things aside, the Volvo drives like a dream, definitely a tighter ride and handles better than the MDX and the interior is still very very nice.

2007 Volvo XC90
By Pablo on 04/04/07 10:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It's the best SUV I've ever driven, even better than the new X5 and Cayenne and you can get it for a lot less money. In addition is safer and looks better. Best decision I've made so far regarding a car buy.

Awesome Black Sapphire Metallic V8 Sport
By Bill on 04/01/07 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car!! Tested the 2007 X5 V8, MB GL450 and the Audi Q7. This one had the best performance for the price. Handles like a dream and has more than adequate power. I'm not sure what a previous poster meant about not having auto locking and a compass. I have both. The auto lock is turned off from the factory, you just turn it on as per page 108 of the manual. The compass is on my rear view mirror. Test this one before you buy anything.

The car that does it all
By deb on 03/18/07 18:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love this SUV - always wanted it for my family of four. Finally got it!! Because this is our main car (the other being a rusty "station" car) it must covers all bases. And, it does so perfectly with its capacity for 7 passengers, plush and comfortable interior, all wheel drive, built in booster seat (gotta love it), safety features that Volvo is known for, decent mpg, and first class looks for a night out on the town. What else can you ask for? Really?

XC90 V-8 Sport; a unique SUV
By William on 03/16/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Only had it for a couple of weeks, but pleased with overall performance. Outstanding looks with Sport Package and 19" wheels. Love the two-tone sport seats, suspension, Yamaha built V-8, Sirius satellite radio, etc. Surprised that at $ 51,145 list that there's no compass as standard equipment and no auto locking of the doors when the vehicle is in gear. I think the Ford bean counters are beginning to have an effect on Volvo.

Love this truck
By Xavier on 03/13/07 09:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in January and what a treat to drive. Rides smoothly, it is super comfortable and it is super quiet on the highway. Mileage on the highway is phenomenal (better than my 4cyl Nissan Altima - not as good in the City but as good as a 6 cylinder sedan. The interior is better than most SUVs - far better than the X5 and the Cayenne. Test drive and compare - you will not be disappointed. Great value for the money.

Quality Control Doesnt Exist
By mountaintown on 03/03/07 06:05 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

In the shop multiple times since purchasing. Squeaks and rattles still not fixed. Problems with 3 separate car systems. I feel like Volvo has stolen my money. Avoid until Quality Control improvements documented.

Squeaky and Breaky
By vsm on 03/01/07 18:37 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First 4 months: Overheated as Volvo didn't tighten coolant fluid hose at factory and all of the coolant leaked out. Nice early engine stress. Squeaky center console that moans and groans with every turn. Vibrating turn signal wires in wheel well (fun 8 hour drive). Squeaky center console fixed second time. Vibrating turn signal wires identified after third try. Squeaky center console fixed third time. Radio decided to play half speakers for 6 hours (on an 8 hour trip). Rear windshield washer used -"I'm wet! whats happening?!"- dripped all over our 6 year old (inside the car, windows up, sun roof closed, in her seat in the second row). Leaked through the headliner. Still Squeaking! Joy!

Super Sweet
By Stinky Jones on 02/17/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It's so great, I had to pinch myself. Go and get one, be cool like me.

Don't buy this car
By RICH on 01/15/07 17:34 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Nothing but problems with this car-- i've been to the dealership 6 times and they haven't been able to shut the engine light off. I will never buy another volvo

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.