2007 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Fuel pump failure
By Shane Brossette on 10/16/07 05:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My XC90's fuel pump failed at 8000 miles! Volvo replaced the fuel pump, filter, and fuel tank. This was very unsettling and frustrating so early in my ownership.

From '06 T5 to '07 V8 Sport
By Vic - Evanston, IL on 10/08/07 18:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought an '06 T5 after driving a Honda Accord EX-V6 for 7 years and immediately fell in love with the Volvo fit and finish. I originally wanted a V8 but thought the T5 would get much better gas mileage - wrong! Then I saw the V8 Sport on the road and knew I would have one soon. What I didn't realize was how different the T5 and V8 Sport would be. The growl of the V8 is awesome, the Sport exterior and interior is phenomenal, and all the extras from the Technology/Climate and Convenience packages are to die for. Forget the others. This is the vehicle I will drive everyday for the next 10 years or so, no matter the price of gas - it's worth it!

Never drive a minivan again!
By twinmama on 09/16/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car! Only complaint: mileage. I only get about 14.3 mpg. Other than that, spacious, great design, user friendly, great for kids and cargo. Love it. Will never go back to a minivan or station wagon again (unless it's another Volvo!!).

Sweet Ride
By Sweet Ride on 09/07/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Since I purchased the wagon 45 days ago, I have put 3,000 miles on with no problems. The wagon runs smooth and quiet with power when needed. This is the first V8 I have purchased so I had to get used to the reduced gas mileage. There should be no expectations for great gas mileage with a 5,000 pound vehicle. Design, fit and finish are unmatched. This is my 3rd Volvo I have purchased. If the design and quality continue, I can see myself hooked for life.

Volvo Experience
By Eric Burnette on 08/13/07 22:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Quality construction, great reliability, excellent acceleration, eye catching design, only the Cayenne can compare (exterior design). Improve stereo sound quality (lacks richness and depth). Interior functionality (design, seats, storage, cupholders, tailgate) is genius, spartan in an exquisite sort of way. No wasted electronic frills, paint quality is superior, braking exceeds expectations. Lives up to the Volvo name and tradition.

Don't buy 6 cyl FWD
By RonP on 08/06/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the XC90 3.2ltr FWD 7 passenger for its comfort and versatility when the grandkids visit. We thought the inline 6 cyl would get decent gas mileage, at least better than the Explorer we had. Wrong! In town we are only getting 12-13 mpg as opposed to advertised 18. Highway 22 mpg about what expected. The 6 cyl is significantly underpowered - having to downshift constantly. Also the car has the most unintuitive controls, i.e., washer/wipers, door locks, headlight controls I've ever seen! Must be Swedish logic! It is a comfortable ride however for a mid-sized SUV.

2007 Volvo XC90
By Kelsea on 06/25/07 06:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I first drove this SUV with my dad, and I fell in love with it. I was so amazed by its performance and all the features. It's my third new car and the Volvo SUV by far is the best. If you aren't looking for fantastic gas mileage then this is the car for you. It's almost like being in a day spa, I have heated seats in mine and it's so nice in the winter time.

Volvo XC90 - Wow
By K Engvold on 06/09/07 15:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The part of my long commute that I simply love is the time I have to bond with my XC90. The power she has is awesome; the V8 is an absolute pleasure and provides the power that makes the XC90 actually feel like a sport car. The handling is so deceiving you forget you are driving an SUV. I have also witnessed Volvo being very attuned to improving this XC90 model over the years and I could not resist giving up my S80 for this XC90 as I have kept my eyes on the XC90 for the last 5 years. The fuel mileage is acceptable at around 20 mpg with a Tornado fuel saver installed.

Nice Ride
By VolvoDriver on 06/02/07 14:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoy every bit of this car. Handles better than the 2003 S60 we owned prior to this purchase.

Not what I expected
By Sue on 06/02/07 08:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The interior is a little tight with small amount of shoulder room. Same for cargo area, deep but not wide. Standard audio system really poor. Has no bass sound and cannot be upgraded without a huge expense. Recommend you don't even consider buying it without the AWD.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.