2007 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Solid
By Pmedhat on 08/19/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have three XC90s in the family and the V8 is by far my favorite. The Yamaha engine never runs short on torque. The acceleration between 50-80 mph is amazing. The minor improvements to the interior are subtle but affective. I especially appreciate the iPod jack. The handling is awesome with plenty of room for the family.

Minivan with Ground Clearance
By J G Stewart on 07/15/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife has extreme Volvo loyalty and she bought this XC90 3.2 FWD straight base model in spite of my reluctance. I pondered a Kia Sedona, but couldn't bring myself to close the deal on that because I was doubtful the mpg would meet my minimum requirement. With my inaction going on indefinitely she bought this XC90, and I took her 2004 V70 base model with which I get 30 to 35 mpg on the highway at 70 to 80 mph under best driving conditions. The XC90 fuel use has been acceptable on the highway (22 mpg to over 26 mpg), but lower than I would like at 15 mpg in short trip usage in town. Total fuel economy over the first 12,000 miles has been 19 mpg.

Likes the shop
By Very dissapointed on 06/21/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We trade in our 2006 XC90 to take advantage of a great offer on the new 2007 when it came out. Big mistake. We really liked our 2006 and only had minor issues with it. It drove well and was a good performer. Our 2007 has been a disaster. It has had a horrible ride since day one. It has been in the shop for almost 7 weeks in the first 18 months we have owned it. Both front axle shafts have been replaced, power steering issues along with numerous minor items. Even now, the car jolts over any bump and rides so loudly it is hard to talk in the car. At least it looks nice and we only have a two year lease. Volvo has tried to fix it, and the dealerships have been pleasant, but we give up.

No fun
By wsa10 on 06/19/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I leased a 2007 AWD 3.2 Volvo XC90 in August of 2006. I am so glad that I chose a 24 month lease as opposed to a 36 month lease. We have 2 more payments to go, and can't wait to get out of this car. I knew the car wasn't all that fun to drive, but was surprised that it would be as unreliable as it has been.

2007 XC90 AWD V8
By DENNIS on 05/11/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First XC90 was 2003 T6. Gas hog and poor performance. Traded it in on a 2006 V8 AWD, used, dealer special. Traded that in for a 2007 V8 AWD, new, because I wanted a Nav system and I love the new Titanium Metallic Grey color with black interior. 2007 best of the lot and a Wednesday car built. Powerful,smooth, comfortable, great sound system, excellent visabiltiy, fun to drive and solid as a tank. 6200 miles and no problems. Truly a world class vehicle. Looked at a Mercedes M, BMWx5, MDX and Volvo was the best of the group. Most power and most cargo room. You can spend a lot more money and you can't buy a much better vehicle.

cool
By Yash Parulekar on 04/29/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car; love every minute of driving it. awesome looks, great comfort and a driving pleasure. Low noise, awesome seats, great driver position (nice and high). We love the two-piece rear gate as we have a dog who hops onto it as well as stays in on warmer days with the lower gate closed. main reason for buying was safety and looks. looked at BMW (X3 too small; X5 too expensive), Acura (tacky), Infiniti (weird), merc (unreliable?).

Good so far
By Greg Robins on 04/06/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just new to Volvo after driving Japanese for all my life (except Audi for a wonderful 3 years). Compared to previous MDX and 4-Runner, the XC90 has all the luxe one would expect at this price. Great seats, simple control-layout, great ride, decent power and capabilities. Low road noise and nice, high perch. Great grocery bag feature at back that beats a cargo net hands down. Handsome exterior design.

Nice car, with a few shortcomings
By Carsten S on 02/23/08 09:37 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I am satisfied with the car. On many levels it compares well with other imported SUVs, and is more reasonably priced than many of them. The cargo room it provides is quite good. 2nd row seating is tight front and aft when the third row option is installed. Volvo has a very skimpy maintenance plan, comp. to others', just the first is free. Gas mileage: try as I might, never more than 17mpg. A BMW X3 is much quicker and with beter mileage. Reliability: the shift lever will not leave park on cold days for up to 1min. Even a "fix" didn't help. Traction: Problems with 4wd engagement led to recall, but mine still spins through in FWD on even just slightly wet surfaces. Very annoying

More time in shop than on the road
By Marginmonster on 12/18/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our 2007 XC90 3.2 in April of 07. We have had multiple problems with this vehicle including a chronic rattle (5 weeks in the shop), a defective DVD entertainment system (almost caused a fire), improper oil change (1 1/2 quart low)and a stress cracked windshield / improperly installed from factory (took and act of God to get Volvo to take responsibility for). While the build quality of this vehicle and design of the XC90 looks good, we have experienced many problems that should not have occured in a vehicle in this price range. We would not recommend Volvo and particularly the dealership we worked with.

My XC90
By jane on 10/30/07 04:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I saw this car at a dealership and bought it as a birthday gift for myself. First Volvo and I love to drive it. The V-6 has plenty giddyup on the interstate. The third row seats give you flexibility and stows away nicely with a cargo mat when not in use. The XC is large enought to get the job done and stylish enough to look good doing it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.