2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

V8 Sport 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
From '06 T5 to '07 V8 Sport
By Vic - Evanston, IL on 10/08/07 18:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought an '06 T5 after driving a Honda Accord EX-V6 for 7 years and immediately fell in love with the Volvo fit and finish. I originally wanted a V8 but thought the T5 would get much better gas mileage - wrong! Then I saw the V8 Sport on the road and knew I would have one soon. What I didn't realize was how different the T5 and V8 Sport would be. The growl of the V8 is awesome, the Sport exterior and interior is phenomenal, and all the extras from the Technology/Climate and Convenience packages are to die for. Forget the others. This is the vehicle I will drive everyday for the next 10 years or so, no matter the price of gas - it's worth it!

Sweet Ride
By Sweet Ride on 09/07/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Since I purchased the wagon 45 days ago, I have put 3,000 miles on with no problems. The wagon runs smooth and quiet with power when needed. This is the first V8 I have purchased so I had to get used to the reduced gas mileage. There should be no expectations for great gas mileage with a 5,000 pound vehicle. Design, fit and finish are unmatched. This is my 3rd Volvo I have purchased. If the design and quality continue, I can see myself hooked for life.

Volvo Experience
By Eric Burnette on 08/13/07 22:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Quality construction, great reliability, excellent acceleration, eye catching design, only the Cayenne can compare (exterior design). Improve stereo sound quality (lacks richness and depth). Interior functionality (design, seats, storage, cupholders, tailgate) is genius, spartan in an exquisite sort of way. No wasted electronic frills, paint quality is superior, braking exceeds expectations. Lives up to the Volvo name and tradition.

Awesome Black Sapphire Metallic V8 Sport
By Bill on 04/01/07 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car!! Tested the 2007 X5 V8, MB GL450 and the Audi Q7. This one had the best performance for the price. Handles like a dream and has more than adequate power. I'm not sure what a previous poster meant about not having auto locking and a compass. I have both. The auto lock is turned off from the factory, you just turn it on as per page 108 of the manual. The compass is on my rear view mirror. Test this one before you buy anything.

XC90 V-8 Sport; a unique SUV
By William on 03/16/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Only had it for a couple of weeks, but pleased with overall performance. Outstanding looks with Sport Package and 19" wheels. Love the two-tone sport seats, suspension, Yamaha built V-8, Sirius satellite radio, etc. Surprised that at $ 51,145 list that there's no compass as standard equipment and no auto locking of the doors when the vehicle is in gear. I think the Ford bean counters are beginning to have an effect on Volvo.