Used 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

From '06 T5 to '07 V8 Sport
By Vic - Evanston, IL

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought an '06 T5 after driving a Honda Accord EX-V6 for 7 years and immediately fell in love with the Volvo fit and finish. I originally wanted a V8 but thought the T5 would get much better gas mileage - wrong! Then I saw the V8 Sport on the road and knew I would have one soon. What I didn't realize was how different the T5 and V8 Sport would be. The growl of the V8 is awesome, the Sport exterior and interior is phenomenal, and all the extras from the Technology/Climate and Convenience packages are to die for. Forget the others. This is the vehicle I will drive everyday for the next 10 years or so, no matter the price of gas - it's worth it!

Favorite Features

The V8, the 19" Vulcanis rims, the so-cool active Bi-Xenons, the immensely comfortable seating, the blue instrumentation, the deafening sound system with complimentary Sirius, and the overall fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise from the Pirelli tires. This was very irritating on my T5 once I passed 15,000 miles, but the lesser profile tires on the Sport should be better so I'm told. For $50k, Volvo should throw in all-season rubber mats.

Sweet Ride
By Sweet Ride

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Since I purchased the wagon 45 days ago, I have put 3,000 miles on with no problems. The wagon runs smooth and quiet with power when needed. This is the first V8 I have purchased so I had to get used to the reduced gas mileage. There should be no expectations for great gas mileage with a 5,000 pound vehicle. Design, fit and finish are unmatched. This is my 3rd Volvo I have purchased. If the design and quality continue, I can see myself hooked for life.

Favorite Features

Smooth power, quiet ride, family oriented space, great entertainment system.

Suggested Improvements

Given the state of today's techology, I would like to see a hybrid mated with the V8. The mileage I get on the freeway is good, 23-25 mpg. It is the city driving that drives down the mileage.

Volvo Experience
By Eric Burnette

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Quality construction, great reliability, excellent acceleration, eye catching design, only the Cayenne can compare (exterior design). Improve stereo sound quality (lacks richness and depth). Interior functionality (design, seats, storage, cupholders, tailgate) is genius, spartan in an exquisite sort of way. No wasted electronic frills, paint quality is superior, braking exceeds expectations. Lives up to the Volvo name and tradition.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy! Work on the stereo, not bad, could be better, given the overall quality of the vehicle.

Awesome Black Sapphire Metallic V8 Sport
By Bill

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car!! Tested the 2007 X5 V8, MB GL450 and the Audi Q7. This one had the best performance for the price. Handles like a dream and has more than adequate power. I'm not sure what a previous poster meant about not having auto locking and a compass. I have both. The auto lock is turned off from the factory, you just turn it on as per page 108 of the manual. The compass is on my rear view mirror. Test this one before you buy anything.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel, bluetooth option, black sapphire metallic paint, 19" wheels, Bi-Xenon headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Offer 5 seat version so that second row passengers will have more room. Offer sunshade option for rear seats.

XC90 V-8 Sport; a unique SUV
By William

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Only had it for a couple of weeks, but pleased with overall performance. Outstanding looks with Sport Package and 19" wheels. Love the two-tone sport seats, suspension, Yamaha built V-8, Sirius satellite radio, etc. Surprised that at $ 51,145 list that there's no compass as standard equipment and no auto locking of the doors when the vehicle is in gear. I think the Ford bean counters are beginning to have an effect on Volvo.

Favorite Features

Smooth and powerful V-8. Unique blue instrumentation. The Black Sapphire paint with 19" wheels and Pirellis looks tough. Intuitive controls. Good standard stereo system. Safety. . well after all it is a Volvo.

Suggested Improvements

Make the list of standard items equal to or better than Lexus and BMW, or even Tahoe LTZ. Car was delivered with a steering wheel that was misaligned; a little better quality control along the assembly line.