2007 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
XC90 Beats VW Touareg Hands down
By ltwxc90 on 09/12/13 10:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my XC90 now for 4 months and what a great SUV. My last SUV was aTouareg and what a disappointment! It was the worst! It had a faulty transmission and when it would shift it felt as if the Whole car was going to break apart. VW Service was horrible, I would take it in and no one would do anything. Even after having the Transmission replaced it still did the same thing. My XC90 is great! From its smooth ride to better fuel economy, Hands down it is the better car both inside and out. The service I have received at my Volvo dealer is second to none. I have owned a BMW and Mercedes and in this case Volvo service even beats those two! Great Job Volvo

Our Favorite that we've ever owned !!
By James TG. on 11/11/09 18:30 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We love the looks, drive, safety and reliability of this car !! Nothing negative to say !!

Give credit to this is a excellent SUV
By M and H on 01/31/09 05:48 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Handle's great and very good safty evan in very bad weather, Big blind spot in backing up> A wow and beutiful style gets lots of looks and questions asked of it, Just drives great and wonderful in ALL weather, this is not an off road or a all so fancy SUV. Volvo is a safe, powerful and beutiful SUV. Good job Volvo. Gas MPG is much better than those other very High end SUV's. It is a keeper..

Love my XC90
By W F on 11/25/08 08:03 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first choice in SUVs. I absolutely love it. With 3 kids and after trading in the minivan, this suv is a little smaller. But it is so much fun to drive (compared to the van it's like driving a sports car) that I don't mind the little amount of space lost. It gets great gas mileage - the same as my van, 19 in town and 22-23 on the highway. It is easy to maneuver in small spots, easy to park. My only regret is that i didn't buy one sooner.

OK
By TuNeRkId on 09/23/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 07 XC in 2007 brand new. The truck has been OK , but not what I expected from a $45,000 car. It has good seat comfort and driving position but it also feels a lot bigger than it actually is. The car has decent acceleration, but nothing to write home about. The best thing about the car is the brakes witch stop you on a dime! The 3.2 our car has is a little bit thirsty and doesn't give as much power as I would like. Our average mpg (mostly city driving) is around 16.5 (on road trips we've gotten up to 22). The 3rd row seat is tight but easily moved out of the way! The transmission is great especially the manual option! Overall it has been a good car but could be better.

More than we expected
By diegosbone on 09/19/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In 2006, after our second child, we were looking for a good looking SUV with a 3rd row option. We narrowed the list now to the Lexus LX, Benz GL and the Volvo. Test drove them all, and kept coming back to the Volvo. The Swedish ergonomics were very nice. Everything was in its proper place. Electronics are tricked out, and the price was reasonable. After 2yr, 24,000 miles, I have zero complaints, only praise. I have had zero mechanical failures (very surprising).

Minivan with Ground Clearance
By J G Stewart on 07/15/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife has extreme Volvo loyalty and she bought this XC90 3.2 FWD straight base model in spite of my reluctance. I pondered a Kia Sedona, but couldn't bring myself to close the deal on that because I was doubtful the mpg would meet my minimum requirement. With my inaction going on indefinitely she bought this XC90, and I took her 2004 V70 base model with which I get 30 to 35 mpg on the highway at 70 to 80 mph under best driving conditions. The XC90 fuel use has been acceptable on the highway (22 mpg to over 26 mpg), but lower than I would like at 15 mpg in short trip usage in town. Total fuel economy over the first 12,000 miles has been 19 mpg.

Likes the shop
By Very dissapointed on 06/21/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We trade in our 2006 XC90 to take advantage of a great offer on the new 2007 when it came out. Big mistake. We really liked our 2006 and only had minor issues with it. It drove well and was a good performer. Our 2007 has been a disaster. It has had a horrible ride since day one. It has been in the shop for almost 7 weeks in the first 18 months we have owned it. Both front axle shafts have been replaced, power steering issues along with numerous minor items. Even now, the car jolts over any bump and rides so loudly it is hard to talk in the car. At least it looks nice and we only have a two year lease. Volvo has tried to fix it, and the dealerships have been pleasant, but we give up.

No fun
By wsa10 on 06/19/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I leased a 2007 AWD 3.2 Volvo XC90 in August of 2006. I am so glad that I chose a 24 month lease as opposed to a 36 month lease. We have 2 more payments to go, and can't wait to get out of this car. I knew the car wasn't all that fun to drive, but was surprised that it would be as unreliable as it has been.

cool
By Yash Parulekar on 04/29/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My first new car; love every minute of driving it. awesome looks, great comfort and a driving pleasure. Low noise, awesome seats, great driver position (nice and high). We love the two-piece rear gate as we have a dog who hops onto it as well as stays in on warmer days with the lower gate closed. main reason for buying was safety and looks. looked at BMW (X3 too small; X5 too expensive), Acura (tacky), Infiniti (weird), merc (unreliable?).

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.