Used 2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

XC90 Beats VW Touareg Hands down
By ltwxc90

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my XC90 now for 4 months and what a great SUV. My last SUV was aTouareg and what a disappointment! It was the worst! It had a faulty transmission and when it would shift it felt as if the Whole car was going to break apart. VW Service was horrible, I would take it in and no one would do anything. Even after having the Transmission replaced it still did the same thing. My XC90 is great! From its smooth ride to better fuel economy, Hands down it is the better car both inside and out. The service I have received at my Volvo dealer is second to none. I have owned a BMW and Mercedes and in this case Volvo service even beats those two! Great Job Volvo

Favorite Features

Having 5 in my family I needed the rear seats and they are great. Easy to get to and comfortable. We also have the DVD players which run together or separately which is nice due to different ages and what they like to watch. So much more comfortable than the VW. The Fuel economy is much better I have been averaging 21+ on the highway and the a good 4 more than I ever got from my VW.

Suggested Improvements

My only issues and I hate to even bring it up is technology! Bluetooth would be nice and maybe an updated sound system like the one in the XC60. Other than that the Volvo XC90 is great!

Our Favorite that we've ever owned !!
By James TG.

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We love the looks, drive, safety and reliability of this car !! Nothing negative to say !!

Favorite Features

SO GOOD LOOKING !!

Give credit to this is a excellent SUV
By M and H

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Handle's great and very good safty evan in very bad weather, Big blind spot in backing up> A wow and beutiful style gets lots of looks and questions asked of it, Just drives great and wonderful in ALL weather, this is not an off road or a all so fancy SUV. Volvo is a safe, powerful and beutiful SUV. Good job Volvo. Gas MPG is much better than those other very High end SUV's. It is a keeper..

Favorite Features

Style, Athletic, reliable, roomy, SAFE. Great ride.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot in backing up. Better tires when new. Give better warrenty on these too items..

Love my XC90
By W F

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first choice in SUVs. I absolutely love it. With 3 kids and after trading in the minivan, this suv is a little smaller. But it is so much fun to drive (compared to the van it's like driving a sports car) that I don't mind the little amount of space lost. It gets great gas mileage - the same as my van, 19 in town and 22-23 on the highway. It is easy to maneuver in small spots, easy to park. My only regret is that i didn't buy one sooner.

Favorite Features

The girls and I love the sunroof. The radio is nice, better sound quality than my van. And I love the seat position memory. Pressing one button to get it back the way I like it after my husband drives. It is a lot better than moving the seat and mirrors manually.

Suggested Improvements

If the doors would automatically unlock when you put in park, that would be great.

OK
By TuNeRkId

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 07 XC in 2007 brand new. The truck has been OK , but not what I expected from a $45,000 car. It has good seat comfort and driving position but it also feels a lot bigger than it actually is. The car has decent acceleration, but nothing to write home about. The best thing about the car is the brakes witch stop you on a dime! The 3.2 our car has is a little bit thirsty and doesn't give as much power as I would like. Our average mpg (mostly city driving) is around 16.5 (on road trips we've gotten up to 22). The 3rd row seat is tight but easily moved out of the way! The transmission is great especially the manual option! Overall it has been a good car but could be better.

Favorite Features

AWD, park assist, airbags everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, tighter turning circle, rear view camera option.