Used 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

My First Luxury Vehicle
By master_pate

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first SUV, and first luxury vehicle in general. I bought it because of the look and safety features, and those have not let me down. This is one SUV I would keep forever except for the fact that I typically only get 14 MPG. I do almost exclusive city driving however.

One of the top three best looking SUVs. Great power and safety. Very comfortable ride.

Adding a hybrid or diesel engine to help with gas mileage.

My First Volvo
By seXC90

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first experience with Volvo and for the most part it is a great one. The XC90 V8 is impressive and fun to drive. The styling of the exterior far out weights it competitors. I can no longer go back to the Japanese cars I drove in the past. They all now seem so cheap. I have had a few problems with my XC90: rattling noises (drive me crazy), front dash crackles during change in temperature (very common in Volvo's) but go away when temperature regulates and a strange transmission whine at 55 mph (being resolved). In Short I trusted the Japanese cars for their reliability, so that's why I chose the V8. Japanese (Yamaha)engine and transmission wrapped up in a luxury SUV. I love mine!!!

Endless Power, MPG on long trips, 7 seats, integrated booster seat, Easy fold away third row, Design, and Subtle interior.

Should have smart keys, integrated blue tooth, fix the little noises and rattles in the doors and frame moldings.

See review at 6K miles.
By Dennis

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Now have 17K miles. Had to replace tires. No other problems. Ditto first review only better. Especially now that Volvo has discontinued the V8 engine. Big mistake. Much better then the six at the expense of only a few MPG. If your buying this for the MPG you can do much better. If your buying this just for the pleasure, comfort and fun of the powerful V8, you'd be hard pressed to find something better. Great world class vehicle.

V8

Better gas mileage and placement of the fog light on/off indicator.

All wheel Drive
By Kevin Lawlor

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

One of the worst performing all wheel drive vehicles ever owned. Tires wore out within 18,000 miles, traction is terrible in snow and even on wet roads. Tire dealers comment on how poor the all wheel drive systems are and suggest changing to snow tires for the winter months.

Solid
By Pmedhat

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have three XC90s in the family and the V8 is by far my favorite. The Yamaha engine never runs short on torque. The acceleration between 50-80 mph is amazing. The minor improvements to the interior are subtle but affective. I especially appreciate the iPod jack. The handling is awesome with plenty of room for the family.

Fold down third row, AWD, and traction control. The power. Shoulder room. Exterior styling. Storage

Location of the fog light switches and the cruise control. Poor truning radius.