2007 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
My First Luxury Vehicle
By master_pate on 03/29/12 06:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first SUV, and first luxury vehicle in general. I bought it because of the look and safety features, and those have not let me down. This is one SUV I would keep forever except for the fact that I typically only get 14 MPG. I do almost exclusive city driving however.

My First Volvo
By seXC90 on 10/20/09 12:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first experience with Volvo and for the most part it is a great one. The XC90 V8 is impressive and fun to drive. The styling of the exterior far out weights it competitors. I can no longer go back to the Japanese cars I drove in the past. They all now seem so cheap. I have had a few problems with my XC90: rattling noises (drive me crazy), front dash crackles during change in temperature (very common in Volvo's) but go away when temperature regulates and a strange transmission whine at 55 mph (being resolved). In Short I trusted the Japanese cars for their reliability, so that's why I chose the V8. Japanese (Yamaha)engine and transmission wrapped up in a luxury SUV. I love mine!!!

See review at 6K miles.
By Dennis on 06/04/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Now have 17K miles. Had to replace tires. No other problems. Ditto first review only better. Especially now that Volvo has discontinued the V8 engine. Big mistake. Much better then the six at the expense of only a few MPG. If your buying this for the MPG you can do much better. If your buying this just for the pleasure, comfort and fun of the powerful V8, you'd be hard pressed to find something better. Great world class vehicle.

All wheel Drive
By Kevin Lawlor on 12/03/08 10:16 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

One of the worst performing all wheel drive vehicles ever owned. Tires wore out within 18,000 miles, traction is terrible in snow and even on wet roads. Tire dealers comment on how poor the all wheel drive systems are and suggest changing to snow tires for the winter months.

Solid
By Pmedhat on 08/19/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have three XC90s in the family and the V8 is by far my favorite. The Yamaha engine never runs short on torque. The acceleration between 50-80 mph is amazing. The minor improvements to the interior are subtle but affective. I especially appreciate the iPod jack. The handling is awesome with plenty of room for the family.

2007 XC90 AWD V8
By DENNIS on 05/11/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First XC90 was 2003 T6. Gas hog and poor performance. Traded it in on a 2006 V8 AWD, used, dealer special. Traded that in for a 2007 V8 AWD, new, because I wanted a Nav system and I love the new Titanium Metallic Grey color with black interior. 2007 best of the lot and a Wednesday car built. Powerful,smooth, comfortable, great sound system, excellent visabiltiy, fun to drive and solid as a tank. 6200 miles and no problems. Truly a world class vehicle. Looked at a Mercedes M, BMWx5, MDX and Volvo was the best of the group. Most power and most cargo room. You can spend a lot more money and you can't buy a much better vehicle.

2007 Volvo XC90
By Kelsea on 06/25/07 06:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I first drove this SUV with my dad, and I fell in love with it. I was so amazed by its performance and all the features. It's my third new car and the Volvo SUV by far is the best. If you aren't looking for fantastic gas mileage then this is the car for you. It's almost like being in a day spa, I have heated seats in mine and it's so nice in the winter time.

Volvo XC90 - Wow
By K Engvold on 06/09/07 15:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The part of my long commute that I simply love is the time I have to bond with my XC90. The power she has is awesome; the V8 is an absolute pleasure and provides the power that makes the XC90 actually feel like a sport car. The handling is so deceiving you forget you are driving an SUV. I have also witnessed Volvo being very attuned to improving this XC90 model over the years and I could not resist giving up my S80 for this XC90 as I have kept my eyes on the XC90 for the last 5 years. The fuel mileage is acceptable at around 20 mpg with a Tornado fuel saver installed.

Quality Control Doesnt Exist
By mountaintown on 03/03/07 06:05 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

In the shop multiple times since purchasing. Squeaks and rattles still not fixed. Problems with 3 separate car systems. I feel like Volvo has stolen my money. Avoid until Quality Control improvements documented.

Squeaky and Breaky
By vsm on 03/01/07 18:37 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First 4 months: Overheated as Volvo didn't tighten coolant fluid hose at factory and all of the coolant leaked out. Nice early engine stress. Squeaky center console that moans and groans with every turn. Vibrating turn signal wires in wheel well (fun 8 hour drive). Squeaky center console fixed second time. Vibrating turn signal wires identified after third try. Squeaky center console fixed third time. Radio decided to play half speakers for 6 hours (on an 8 hour trip). Rear windshield washer used -"I'm wet! whats happening?!"- dripped all over our 6 year old (inside the car, windows up, sun roof closed, in her seat in the second row). Leaked through the headliner. Still Squeaking! Joy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.