Used 2007 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

From one car guy to another
By Jeff V

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a really great SUV. Classic Styling, spacious and well appointed interior and just the right amount of prestige. And then you look more closely.

I really want to love this car and, truthfully, I just got done telling my wife that it's been a good car for us. Nearly 10 years and 115,000 miles without any real problems. I mean, the transmission has slipped or done mildly sporadic shifting a couple dozen time throughout owning the car but we're one of the lucky few who's transmission hasn't failed them (do lots of research on the transmissions around 2004-2007). We've been diligent about regularly scheduled service (which is not inexpensive at all) but have not had any major surprises or mechanical issues. Still, It looks great, has a ton of conveniences and is very comfortable so I really wish I loved it more than I actually have.

In the end, it's a small taste of luxury but upon closer look it's built with low quality parts that scratch, break or rattle more than they should. It drives as though it's twice the size and twice the [already heavy] weight. Pot holes are jarring and it eats through tires (AWD) and brakes faster than my 5 yr. old crushes a juice box.

Did this car treat me well? Absolutely. Would I buy this again? If it was brand new and I was paying with someone else's money.

Sincerely,
The hypercritical, undecided Dude

Love at first sight
By Wesley Tarner

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car and would buy it a million times again. The seats are very comfortable and plush. The leather doesn't hold up as well as some others but its still comfortable. My Volvo lasted around 200,000k and then broke down. Had regularly maintained it, but it needed alot of work done to get it up and running again so i had top part with it. But i am looking for a newer one because i loved it soo much! I would recommend this car 9/10 (lost a point due to a few quirks such as low-tech compared to competition and also the common transmission issues).

XC 90 is not quite what I expected from Volvo
By Jim Jackson

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car with 68 k miles, and later found out the front axles needed to be replaced. I have 143 k and still haven't replaced them, but I have replaced two wheel bearings this year. Park assist went out, had it repaired, and within days the alarm would come on solid when backing and nothing close by. Had serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pull go out while on interstate. Could barely steer enough to get it to dealership. Then the read assembly bearings failed about 5 months later. Both repairs over 6K.

Other little nagging issues with hinge on center console breaking, etc. Maybe it is my fault for buying a car with high mileage, but expected more from Volvo.

Sadly Engine Scrapped
By Christine Farmer

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this SUV so much I retained the previous owners' name for her, Lucy. She was great the first 3 years I owned her. She rode well, was comfortable and I felt safe since I drive a lot of highway miles. She has approximately 142,000 miles on her now. Unfortunately, this year after a replacing the transmission and serpentine belt, for $3500, some strange noise began last week. I drove her straight to my mechanic. Here's what they told me: inspect locking pin after removal, if locking pin is broken after removal, the shaft has worn into the bearing position, engine must be scrapped". Sadly, I dumped $3500 into her now will hope to recoup at least some of that selling her parts.

XC90 Beats VW Touareg Hands down
By ltwxc90

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my XC90 now for 4 months and what a great SUV.
My last SUV was aTouareg and what a disappointment!
It was the worst!
It had a faulty transmission and when it would shift it felt as if the Whole car was going to break apart. VW Service was horrible, I would take it in and no one would do anything.
Even after having the Transmission replaced it still did the same thing.
My XC90 is great!
From its smooth ride to better fuel economy, Hands down it is the better car both inside and out.
The service I have received at my Volvo dealer is second to none.
I have owned a BMW and Mercedes and in this case Volvo service even beats those two! Great Job Volvo

Having 5 in my family I needed the rear seats and they are great. Easy to get to and comfortable. We also have the DVD players which run together or separately which is nice due to different ages and what they like to watch. So much more comfortable than the VW. The Fuel economy is much better I have been averaging 21+ on the highway and the a good 4 more than I ever got from my VW.

My only issues and I hate to even bring it up is technology! Bluetooth would be nice and maybe an updated sound system like the one in the XC60. Other than that the Volvo XC90 is great!