2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

XC90 Beats VW Touareg Hands down
By ltwxc90

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my XC90 now for 4 months and what a great SUV. My last SUV was aTouareg and what a disappointment! It was the worst! It had a faulty transmission and when it would shift it felt as if the Whole car was going to break apart. VW Service was horrible, I would take it in and no one would do anything. Even after having the Transmission replaced it still did the same thing. My XC90 is great! From its smooth ride to better fuel economy, Hands down it is the better car both inside and out. The service I have received at my Volvo dealer is second to none. I have owned a BMW and Mercedes and in this case Volvo service even beats those two! Great Job Volvo

Favorite Features

Having 5 in my family I needed the rear seats and they are great. Easy to get to and comfortable. We also have the DVD players which run together or separately which is nice due to different ages and what they like to watch. So much more comfortable than the VW. The Fuel economy is much better I have been averaging 21+ on the highway and the a good 4 more than I ever got from my VW.

Suggested Improvements

My only issues and I hate to even bring it up is technology! Bluetooth would be nice and maybe an updated sound system like the one in the XC60. Other than that the Volvo XC90 is great!

My First Luxury Vehicle
By master_pate

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first SUV, and first luxury vehicle in general. I bought it because of the look and safety features, and those have not let me down. This is one SUV I would keep forever except for the fact that I typically only get 14 MPG. I do almost exclusive city driving however.

Favorite Features

One of the top three best looking SUVs. Great power and safety. Very comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Adding a hybrid or diesel engine to help with gas mileage.

Our Favorite that we've ever owned !!
By James TG.

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We love the looks, drive, safety and reliability of this car !! Nothing negative to say !!

Favorite Features

SO GOOD LOOKING !!

My First Volvo
By seXC90

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first experience with Volvo and for the most part it is a great one. The XC90 V8 is impressive and fun to drive. The styling of the exterior far out weights it competitors. I can no longer go back to the Japanese cars I drove in the past. They all now seem so cheap. I have had a few problems with my XC90: rattling noises (drive me crazy), front dash crackles during change in temperature (very common in Volvo's) but go away when temperature regulates and a strange transmission whine at 55 mph (being resolved). In Short I trusted the Japanese cars for their reliability, so that's why I chose the V8. Japanese (Yamaha)engine and transmission wrapped up in a luxury SUV. I love mine!!!

Favorite Features

Endless Power, MPG on long trips, 7 seats, integrated booster seat, Easy fold away third row, Design, and Subtle interior.

Suggested Improvements

Should have smart keys, integrated blue tooth, fix the little noises and rattles in the doors and frame moldings.

See review at 6K miles.
By Dennis

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Now have 17K miles. Had to replace tires. No other problems. Ditto first review only better. Especially now that Volvo has discontinued the V8 engine. Big mistake. Much better then the six at the expense of only a few MPG. If your buying this for the MPG you can do much better. If your buying this just for the pleasure, comfort and fun of the powerful V8, you'd be hard pressed to find something better. Great world class vehicle.

Favorite Features

V8

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and placement of the fog light on/off indicator.

Give credit to this is a excellent SUV
By M and H

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Handle's great and very good safty evan in very bad weather, Big blind spot in backing up> A wow and beutiful style gets lots of looks and questions asked of it, Just drives great and wonderful in ALL weather, this is not an off road or a all so fancy SUV. Volvo is a safe, powerful and beutiful SUV. Good job Volvo. Gas MPG is much better than those other very High end SUV's. It is a keeper..

Favorite Features

Style, Athletic, reliable, roomy, SAFE. Great ride.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot in backing up. Better tires when new. Give better warrenty on these too items..

All wheel Drive
By Kevin Lawlor

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

One of the worst performing all wheel drive vehicles ever owned. Tires wore out within 18,000 miles, traction is terrible in snow and even on wet roads. Tire dealers comment on how poor the all wheel drive systems are and suggest changing to snow tires for the winter months.

Love my XC90
By W F

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first choice in SUVs. I absolutely love it. With 3 kids and after trading in the minivan, this suv is a little smaller. But it is so much fun to drive (compared to the van it's like driving a sports car) that I don't mind the little amount of space lost. It gets great gas mileage - the same as my van, 19 in town and 22-23 on the highway. It is easy to maneuver in small spots, easy to park. My only regret is that i didn't buy one sooner.

Favorite Features

The girls and I love the sunroof. The radio is nice, better sound quality than my van. And I love the seat position memory. Pressing one button to get it back the way I like it after my husband drives. It is a lot better than moving the seat and mirrors manually.

Suggested Improvements

If the doors would automatically unlock when you put in park, that would be great.

OK
By TuNeRkId

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 07 XC in 2007 brand new. The truck has been OK , but not what I expected from a $45,000 car. It has good seat comfort and driving position but it also feels a lot bigger than it actually is. The car has decent acceleration, but nothing to write home about. The best thing about the car is the brakes witch stop you on a dime! The 3.2 our car has is a little bit thirsty and doesn't give as much power as I would like. Our average mpg (mostly city driving) is around 16.5 (on road trips we've gotten up to 22). The 3rd row seat is tight but easily moved out of the way! The transmission is great especially the manual option! Overall it has been a good car but could be better.

Favorite Features

AWD, park assist, airbags everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, tighter turning circle, rear view camera option.

More than we expected
By diegosbone

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In 2006, after our second child, we were looking for a good looking SUV with a 3rd row option. We narrowed the list now to the Lexus LX, Benz GL and the Volvo. Test drove them all, and kept coming back to the Volvo. The Swedish ergonomics were very nice. Everything was in its proper place. Electronics are tricked out, and the price was reasonable. After 2yr, 24,000 miles, I have zero complaints, only praise. I have had zero mechanical failures (very surprising).

Favorite Features

3rd row (kids and small women). Sensible controls, comfort, child booster seat.

Suggested Improvements

Electronic trunk, electronic 3rd row opener (like the Benz).