2006 Volvo XC90 4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - You get what you pay

2006 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Review

V8 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

You get what you pay for
By Corby on

2006 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my XC90 for just over a year now. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned but has some small drawbacks that I can overlook. The driver seat is already starting to feel as if it is wearing on the outer bolster. Overall it handles great for its size and does better than great on the autobahn in Germany at speed. The 6-speed tip-tronic changes are somewhat slushy during gear changes. I still compare it to the Touareg and LR3 that my co-workers have and I find it to be a better vehicle than theirs. Some of the options could come down in price. Over $3k for navigation is too much. I bought an aftermarket system for less than $600. But you pay quality money for a quality SUV.

Favorite Features

DVD System for traveling. 6-speed keeps RPM's down during long trips. adaptive steering, Park Assist, cold weather accessories are great, would like more window defrosters on side- rear windows. SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY!

Suggested Improvements

DVD system should use all surround sound speakers. Lower the navigation price. MP3/4 compatible. Multiple moonroofs like LR3. Rear/middle seats should recline, have longer tracks for sliding back, improve middle legroom. Change tailgate, make one piece sliding rear window an option (4Runner style)