2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Review: Not happy with my XC90's we ha

2006 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Review

Not happy with my XC90's we have 2!!
By spottvmom on

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had this car for almost 6 years. It's had a few minor annoying problems that were mostly covered under the warrenty until it hit 80K The warrenty is now up and it's been a royal pain. I have an AWD 6 cyl. turbo that has 90,000 miles on it. This is my 2nd Volvo and we currently own 2 XC90's so we have double the pain.... Issues have been the anti skid sensor- $700 plus to fix, burns through tires in about 30k miles with easy, gentle driving. New issue is my wheel bearings are shot. My husband has a 2005 what we just spent about $3,000 on new tie rods, new bearings, new e-brake, new oil pump, leaking in oil system and after all that his check engine light is on again!

It's been great to drive but it's so expensive to fix. We have taken really good care of this car. It's been to Volvo for all sch. service. I'm starting to feel like both cars have turned into money pits. My husband's Ford Sport trac had so many less issues at 9 years old and 100,000+ than our 2 XC 90's. It's a solid car and we feel very safe but it's getting to expensive to keep fixing it every 2 months! I'm about to trade them both in and go back to driving Ford's! At least my Ford's didn't keep breaking every few months. This seems excessive for the young age/miles on our cars- 88k and 90K for 2005 and 2006 AWD XC 90's. Next worry is the Transmission-I'm told those go 70-95K

I liked the car while it was under warrenty. It's very expensive to fix. A longer warrenty that covers more standard service like BMW. It would be better if it was not so hard on tires. 3rd row could be have more leg room. Easier cupholders for kids to reach in back seat.
By tostik
on 07/06/12 12:40 PM (PDT)

I own a 2006 2.5T AWD XC90. I have two friends who own XC90s. We couldn't be more pleased--great cars.

By coolcity
on 07/07/15 06:18 AM (PDT)

If they are that bad why buy two of them?