2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Review: DON'T buy a Volvo

2006 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Review

2006 Volvo XC90

V8 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

DON'T buy a Volvo
By teddym on

2006 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My XC-90 is horrible, front to back.
Friends don’t let friends buy volvo’s. Treatment from the volvo dealerships in Houston is horrible, unless you are super rich, they will certainly hook you up, otherwise, bring your checkbook.
You pay out the nose to own a volvo. My xc-90? 3 sets of wheel bearings burned out, the rear end went out, the fuel pump has already been replaced, the CURRENT check engine light issue will cost me $1,000, just put $1,500 into it to get the steering column to work again, the Houston dealership seriously jacked me over. you HAVE to take it to the dealership. They know they've got you by the throat. OBTW, my windshield leaks. Headlights fogged from inside. $500 each

nothing, the worst auto mistake I've ever made. I'll never buy volvo again and I'll do anything to keep anybody else from making the same mistake. $43,000 bought me a POS.

Volvo should buy back all xc-90's.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By k_in_austin
on 06/08/14 18:11 PM (PDT)

This is just plain silly. You don't take an older Volvo to the dealership. There are lots of Volvo repair shops out there. Good place to find one is on Car Talk website, mechanic files.