2006 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Best family SUV
By MyothercarisaBMW on 11/06/05 14:21 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Picked up the car in Gothenburg on OSD - recommended "free" adventure for those who can wait for the car. The safety features incl. 3rd row side curtains and whiplash protection, V8 and 3rd row seating made us buy it over Lexus, Cadillac, Toyota, Honda and Acura competitors. The car is really fun and comfortable to drive and gives a solid impression.

Great ride, safe people mover, FUN drive
By Bubba on 10/29/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a well thought-out vehicle. You immediately feel in control and in pampered comfort. Quality, fit-and- finish, design...all above average. The V8 and tranny are smooth and work well together. Gentle purr of the exhaust pipes is subtle, but brings a grin to your face as you leave the others in your dust. MPG's are acceptable for the amount of weight (safety steel built-in) and 7- passenger roominess. Regular unleaded gas seems to work OK.

Safest SUV on the road
By Dave and Angela on 10/13/05 23:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We picked up our XC-90 in Gothenberg, Sweden in June 05. What a fabulous experience. The factory delivery program is just one of the best!! We toured Sweden for 8 days in great comfort before flying elsewhere and shipping this car home. Our trip was very memorable, had a lot of fun driving this spacious SUV around the country, putting 1000 miles on it. It has great pick up, very stable feel and we just love it!! This is our 5th Volvo, 3rd new one, all still running. Two are now owned by another family member. 3 of them have over 200K miles and running great. We have had no repair problems whatsoever with this car.

Volvo --- Hands Down
By icanmold on 10/07/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The first Volvo I've ever purchased and the first car I've been enthusiastic about in a long time. Ok, so I'm a stereo lover, and this car has the best stock sound system I've ever heard. The leather is meticulously sewn, the carpet is soft, the appointments are not over-done (as in the Tribeca), and the dash design is second to none. Oh, did I mention the third row seating and the fact that 5 of the 6 seats fold completely flat? Tribeca and Highlander aren't even in the same 'hemisphere' as the Volvo XC90. The Swedes get it plain and simple. One more thing...Volvo XC90 has lower depreciation than ANY CAR IN ITS CLASS.

Best Suv I Have Owned or Driven!
By Scott Prichard on 09/25/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered the XC90 V8 about three months ago and just received it about three days ago. I was fortunate enough to get a loaner V8 by the dealer until mine arrived. I don't have anything bad to say about it and it is a pleasure to drive. Incredibly great handling and a very solid feel. We drove just about every luxury SUV and it was really a very easy decision for us. The rear seat entertainment is the best on the market as far as we are concerned; much better than the "drop down" systems. Excellent car choice, especially with people with small kids!

Glad I bought it
By San Diego Guy on 09/22/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my XC90...the car is well designed and has been solid as a rock so far. Buying experience was the easiest I've ever had and the car has lived up to its billing by Volvo. Only flaws so far has been the headlight washers which just squirt onto the hood (had the dealer disconnect) and the Homelink system had to be replaced, but Volvo took care of both. Mileage could be better, but I'm getting about 18.5 mpg combined driving so not too bad. Get one if you want a well built, comfortable, and fun SUV to drive!

I love this Vehicle
By Liz Lerch on 09/13/05 21:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. It is very well engineered. The third row seat is so easy to use and the kids love it back there. The car feels solid and safe. It holds the road beautifully and is quiet inside. I feel encapsulated in quality and luxury when I drive it. The stereo sounds great and is easy to use as are the temp controls. I drove a lot of other cars before choosing this one and none of them came close to the quality of the XC90.

volvo experience
By GailXmas on 09/10/05 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Love It! Quiet, smooth, comfortable, safe and just plain fun to drive. The only thing that does not have as standard equipment is a compass!.

geatest suv
By eee on 09/07/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Everything is great about this car. The only thing that I would change is better instrument lighting and more electronic gadgets like an Audi or BMW. Kind of boring in that sense. Solid vault like doors.

XC90 Quality
By C. Bennet on 08/23/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The XC90 is a nice quality family vehicle. It drives very smoothly. There is lots of cargo space. It is a joy to drive and I feel safe. Although, I find the gas tank too small and have to fill up more often than I would like to. I also wish it would have a sunglass holder.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.