Used 2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

2006 XC90 2.5T
By Pirates

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great SUV. Enjoy driving and great for long trips. We test drove the BMW X5 but decided the Volvo XC90 was a great SUV for about $10,000 less. More cargo room, very safe, but needs a little bit more horespower but helps in gas savings (takes regular gas) compared to the X5.

Extremely safe with so many safety features, drives like a car (really grips to the road), and excellent braking. The Premuim package really makes the car.

Needs a little more horsepower. Should include a rear cargo cover as standard option when you buy a $40K+ car.

Phenomenal Car...
By RHV

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

How often can one say that spending over $40k for an automobile was a good feeling and/or investment - although the safety of my three under 4 years old is worth $40k - not often. The XC90 is one of these autos. This is my 3rd Volvo, and it is an incredible machine. The XC90 can best be defined in two ways: powerful yet understated or aggressive yet humble...BUY THIS CAR MOM AND DAD!

Cool SUV
By JB

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This XC90 is my 2nd Volvo. I love stylish interior design, smartly engineered 3rd row seat besides excellent safety features. It's fun to drive in a highway from San Diego to San Francisco.

3rd row seat, comfortable seats, removable center console, excellent & comfort handling

rear skid plate and running boards should be standard feature, not option.

Love the car, Hate the tires!
By jfd

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My husband surprised me with this car for Christmas. I love it and I love all the safety features for it. However, when I hit 10,000 miles my tires started making noises and after 3 trips to the dealer, they told me it was the Pirelli tires and they have had problems with them. I would recommend the car but not the tires. Also, if you have two carseats in the car then it is impossible for an adult to get to the third row without climbing over seats. I agree that the inside door handles should not be plastic.

Looks great, safety is great!

Definitely put better tires on this vehicle and upgrade the door handles. Also remove that plastic ticket holder on the windshield, it does nothing but rattles. And I can't hang the preschool line pickup number from the rearview mirror.

First Volvo
By Flyingman

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was close to buying a VW Touareg before I test drove the Volvo. I found the volvo to have excellent power in the 2.5T, better mileage, and more space. I prefer the boxier look over the bubble look that is currently so popular. Only have a few 100 miles, but am really impressed with handling, especially on Hwy. Mileage is mostly city, so in the lower mid teens, but on hwy it was very close to advertised, 22-23mpg. It does not have any cheesy extras you really don't need, very practical. A bit sluggish at parking lot speed but if you punch it front tires will screach out without hesitation. I'll follow up in a few months but for now I'm very pleased overall with this purchase.

Looks, space, features, sitting position and view.

Slow speed handling (must be a front wheel drive thing), wife and I do not like the brushed aluminum trim on door handles, just does not match decor well.