2006 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Versatile SUV`
By Erica on 06/09/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was skeptical about venturing back into an SUV, as my last SUV was a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which was a gas guzzler and fairly trucky ride. One test drive of the XC90 cured me of any concerns I had related to comfort. The XC90 handles almost identical to my S60, which was traded for the XC. Volvo did a great job of creating a functional, elegant SUV that does as good of a job hauling stuff as it does safely transporting our daughter. And all without sacrificing safety.

DW
By Dennis Windmuller on 06/01/06 14:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very impressive for a SUV - sturdy, good power, nice drive. Quality interior & overall design - unmatched safety.

Best of the Bunch
By RRyba on 05/30/06 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Before going for the XC90 V8, I drove the Porsche Cayanne S, Lexus GX470, Lexus LX470 and Acura MDX, Whiule the other SUV's had a lot more bells and whistles (voice activated Navigation/Bluetooth, etc.), this SUV had the best performance, look, feel and room of the bunch, for the price. I love the power, the cabin is very nicely appointed. Everything is logically laid out and performs perfectly. I added the Bluetooth system, which works great with our phones. This is my third SUV and I am completely sold on Volvos after driving this one.

The Best Family Midsize SUV
By Chad Dimatulac on 05/30/06 01:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After having a new baby, my wife and I went looking for a better SUV with 3rd row seating. We had looked at Land Rover LR3 and Lexus GX470 but we settled with the Volvo XC90. Besides the excellent safety features of XC90 that my wife had strongly leaned-on, it had better gas mileage 17 city-23 hiway, smartly engineered 3rd row seating setup/folddown, middle seat booster conversion feature, premium sound, wider screen DVD (8.5in), ULEV-2 engine, and a luxurious ride. This is an all-weather and light off-roading vehicle with luxury that is more fitting to a family. The way this SUV is built - it's a best buy for a reasonable price. But then there really is no price for safety for your family.

Viva Volvo
By ViVa_Volvo on 05/26/06 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had the XC90 for 6 months now and it is very comfortable and easy to drive. Gas is not as bad as I thought...love it

VOLVO XC90
By gleger2 on 05/23/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Very happy with our purchase, it really fits our life syle..bigger than bmw and lexus rx

Great riding SUV
By wricke on 04/15/06 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV rides like a sedan. The Yamaha V8 gives it plenty of power. I can't say enough good things about it. The roomy interior has a clean, elegant look to it and the stereo is excellent and powerful. Considering the projected resale value (best in class) You should not hesitate to buy one.

Great V8-- a wonderful SUV--perfect for us
By rr on 04/06/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After much dreaming and waiting for a VOLVO SUV, the XC90 does not disappoint. It's a comfortable, safe people mover that gives everybody a great ride (3rd row seats are higher for better views). The V8/6-speeds are mated nicely (purrs well!). Good snow traction and power here in the Rockies and for the highways on OE all-season tires (special winter tires were not needed). Love the split rear hatch and easy access throughout. Beautiful looking vehicle, great lines and finish. A solid and well built machine. Well designed and thoughtful interior. Easy to read dials and settings (although the radio is a bit clunky to set). We're going to get the Bluetooth installed next month. Great SUV.

The Best SUV I've Owned
By Robb Arnst on 03/25/06 06:35 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best SUV that I've owned. Previously I drove a 2000 Mercedes ML320, and the Volvo rides much better, more like a car than an SUV. It has a good solid feel to it. I'm 6'4" tall, and I find the seats very comfortable. The rear seat leg room is good, and the third row seats can actually be used by an adult. Power from 2.5L engine is adequate, but it doesn't have as much 'pep' as my Mercedes, which I miss. If you want more power get the V8 version. I've been getting about 20 mpg on the highway. The winter driving mode with the AWD is a nice feature. I drove home in a substantial snow storm with no problems. I looked at a lot of vehicles, and this is the best!

Excellent Vehicle
By V4Life on 03/20/06 13:18 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

In the past 10 years I owned 4 SUV's including this. I had LexusRx330,Acura MDX and Mitsubishi Montero Sport. I feel VOLVO XC90 is a great SUV. VOLVO has great product than Lexus. I love the DVD, Booster seat,Premium Sound system and excellent interior. Mine is 7 seater SUV. I am getting on average 16.4MPG in the city and 24.6MPG in the highy way. Very stylish and fun to drive. I feel like driving a Sedan. EXCELLENT SUV, go for it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.