2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
2006 XC90 2.5T
By Pirates on 08/30/06 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great SUV. Enjoy driving and great for long trips. We test drove the BMW X5 but decided the Volvo XC90 was a great SUV for about $10,000 less. More cargo room, very safe, but needs a little bit more horespower but helps in gas savings (takes regular gas) compared to the X5.

Phenomenal Car...
By RHV on 08/16/06 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

How often can one say that spending over $40k for an automobile was a good feeling and/or investment - although the safety of my three under 4 years old is worth $40k - not often. The XC90 is one of these autos. This is my 3rd Volvo, and it is an incredible machine. The XC90 can best be defined in two ways: powerful yet understated or aggressive yet humble...BUY THIS CAR MOM AND DAD!

Cool SUV
By JB on 08/10/06 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This XC90 is my 2nd Volvo. I love stylish interior design, smartly engineered 3rd row seat besides excellent safety features. It's fun to drive in a highway from San Diego to San Francisco.

Love the car, Hate the tires!
By jfd on 08/09/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My husband surprised me with this car for Christmas. I love it and I love all the safety features for it. However, when I hit 10,000 miles my tires started making noises and after 3 trips to the dealer, they told me it was the Pirelli tires and they have had problems with them. I would recommend the car but not the tires. Also, if you have two carseats in the car then it is impossible for an adult to get to the third row without climbing over seats. I agree that the inside door handles should not be plastic.

First Volvo
By Flyingman on 08/07/06 05:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was close to buying a VW Touareg before I test drove the Volvo. I found the volvo to have excellent power in the 2.5T, better mileage, and more space. I prefer the boxier look over the bubble look that is currently so popular. Only have a few 100 miles, but am really impressed with handling, especially on Hwy. Mileage is mostly city, so in the lower mid teens, but on hwy it was very close to advertised, 22-23mpg. It does not have any cheesy extras you really don't need, very practical. A bit sluggish at parking lot speed but if you punch it front tires will screach out without hesitation. I'll follow up in a few months but for now I'm very pleased overall with this purchase.

Volvo XC90 V8
By NHMan on 08/03/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Last vehicle was a 2004 Acura MDX. The XC90 has a better, with the V8, engine and transmission. Very comfortable with most of the controls in a good position. Only have 700 miles but have been averaging 19 mpg. Only driven it in the rain but the handling, while not sporty, is good. If you want a good overall SUV, this should be high on your list. Any BMW X5 will offer better handling and performance but doesn't have the cargo space.

XC90 -The Best
By Tony Swift on 07/27/06 01:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love the comfort and the road handling. The third row seating for the kids is great.

Comfy Volvo
By Comfy Volvo on 07/25/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Traded an S40 for the XC90. Ride is superb for an SUV. Although under powered, the 2.5 Turbo does the job well. Lots of standard features plus received free incentives. Highway ride is wonderful. Was able to transition easily from the S40 to the larger XC90. Intimidating at first, but after the first trip, it's still a Volvo!

Mostly great!
By WSB on 07/23/06 17:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 6th Volvo, but not necessarily our favorite. While the XC90 provides seating options that our V70 wagons and S70 and S80 sedans could not provide, the 2.5T engine is clearly underpowered for the weight of this vehicle. Gas mileage is POOR and would have been worse if we had chosen the V8. We love the safety features of this vehicle. It handles well and is roomy enough for our passengers--- mostly children.

v8 volvo SUV
By Robin on 07/21/06 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo XC90 V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

solid, safe and with surprising performance. did 20.6 mpg on an interstate trip of 800 miles [doing a steady 80].