2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Review: 2006 Volvo XC90 AWD V8 4dr SUV

2006 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Review

2006 Volvo XC90

V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2006 Volvo XC90 AWD V8 4dr SUV (ocean)
By socaltess on

2006 Volvo XC90 V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Got this car for thousands off because I bought it in 2007 when it was a 2006 model, but it was new. Very happy with the looks outside and inside. After a 5 months I had some problems, some anti-skid message that kept coming up, they said it was a computer problem but it happened twice. Possibly due to extremely horrible speed bumps where I live the car began making weird clicks when the gas/brakes were pressed; brake pads, alignment, sub-frame, etc all needed work. Right window makes whistling noise. DVD system headphones sound fuzzy sometimes. Very fast for an SUV, and I always feel safe.

Big engine, very fast for an SUV. GPS system, pricey but I love the positioning and very very easy to use, and can be used while in motion. Extremely comfortable seats. Love the tailgate, it is great to sit on! I also drive a 550i but find myself missing the Volvo.

Gas mileage, stereo system is horrible, impossible to get iPod integration without removing the entire system and spending tons of money. Better reliability.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By apovolotski
on 08/23/12 20:38 PM (PDT)

I get the skid messages all the time. Prob cause of the way I throw it in turns.