Availability of parts
By sportette on
2005 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
I bought my XC 90 used, 29,000 miles on it. I hit a deer December 26th. It is now May 9th and I am still waiting for parts that the dealership says are on order. I do have the car because the missing parts do not affect the drivability. I still find this amount of time excessive. I do love the car and have always wanted a Volvo. I have had electrical issues with the radio changing stations by itself, doors locking by themselves or not wanting to unlock. I have not been able to figure out how to program the visor buttons to open our garage door. I cannot find the section that covers this in my owner's manual. I am also disappointed in the gas mileage.
Favorite Features
I really like the integrated booster seat and comfortable ride. The sound system is wonderful and the jacks between the 2nd and 3rd row seats are great for the grandkids.
Suggested Improvements
The owner's manual is not real easy to use. I couldn't find how to properly fold the seats down or how to program my garage door opener to the car.
By bootcie55
on 08/31/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

I cannot get mine to work with the garage door opener but the instructions are in the manual. The problem may be with the type of garage door opener you have as well. I know that is the problem with mine. So, I just use the garage door opener supplied with my garage door. I would be nice to use the ones over the visor though.