2005 Volvo XC90 Consumer Review: On the 4th transmission! Terri

2005 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Review

T6 4dr SUV (2.9L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo AWD 4-speed Automatic)

On the 4th transmission! Terrible car
By Ericg on

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought the car certified pre-owned, THANK GOD. I'm on the 4th transmission - I'm an easy, family driver, this car is terrible from a mechanical standpoint. I've had the front axle replaced, seats breaking after small kids sit on them, emergency brake problems, fuel door breaking, etc., etc. I like the car, but the mechanical problems are simply unacceptable for a car in this price range.......and clearly Volvo/the dealership doesn't care about transmission issues since they are replacing it for the 4th time ON THEIR NICKEL - they said each was a new trans...yeah... Gas mileage is bad, also. All considered, I regret buying this car. My advise is to stay clear, if not, please buy mine!

I'm too irritated to point any out. For the price you pay, it should have nice features.

Transmission, dealer service, transmission,axles, seat control panel construction,transmission, fuel door, emergency brake, transmission