Do Not Buy This Car
By jennelle on
2005 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
Do not buy this car. I bought brand new from the Ontario dealer. I have had one problem after another. However, I only have 700 characters here. Most were minor but annoying since my closest dealer is 1 1/2 hrs away and they don't offer authorized repair anywhere but at a Volvo dealership. Now at just 60,000 miles the transmission and drive shaft have to be replaced to the tune of $5000+. If the dealer does the repairs is $8000 . And Volvo won't help one bit. Talking to my local mechanic and reading the blogs the Volvo SUV have had a lot of major mechanical problems. Do your research... do not buy a Volvo SUV you will be sorry.
Suggested Improvements
do not buy this car
By jennelle
on 07/18/12 17:44 PM (PDT)

Huge news today. For those that haven?t already heard. My 2005 VolvoXC90 w 60,000 mile transmission failed. $8000.00 to repair. I learned from blogs it was a defective part several class action law suits. At first they said so sorry, out of warranty. Next they offered to pay 5%, next they offered $2000., next offer was $2750. Over the past month I?ve been through hell without a car. Following the advice on the blogs I went directly to Volvo Canadian or No Amer. main office. They instructed me what to do. I did it and long story short, today I got a call. Volvo is replacing my transmission FREE! Moral of the story? FIGHT BACK. Now all I need is a ride to pick it up ;) My advice, do not take the car anywhere until you talk to Volvo No Amer or Canada. Let no one touch the car, reset the codes or open the transmission. I could have resolved this much faster has I called Volvo corp office 1st. I spent $550.00 for diagnoses from local mechanic, $295. towing to closest Volvo dealer and about $400-$500 hundred on rental cars. Not happy about that.