2005 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
mythoughts
By atulumaris on 11/15/04 20:42 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

this suv performs exceptionally well.. gas mileage could be better. supposedly very well built and passenger protected.

my xc90
By talwarp on 11/15/04 19:13 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Very comfortable around town and commuting to/from work ... great on road trip with 4 golfers because their golf and clothes bags all fit in the back and no problems cruising the hills fully loaded ... easy to maneuver in and out of spots and it looks good in the parking lot.

Be Careful
By zuomo on 11/12/04 06:11 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I guess you can say that I'm retracting my original rating of 8.5. Since I posted it my XC-90 has been on the lift more than on the road. At 9k miles it needs a new transmission. Volvo is paying for it but after the dealer took apart the original one, only to find Volvo corp shipped the wrong replacment transmission. The vehicle also makes some annoying noises at hwy speed that they cannot seem to fix. I feel like a sucker. Never again! by the way they will NOT pro-rate powertrain warranty the additional 9k miles. Why did I even ask???

XC 90 update
By LHeineken on 11/11/04 19:06 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Extremely comfortable to drive. Outstanding highway performance. Very reliable to date.Many passers-by can't identify the make of this car. They most often ask, "what is it?".

Great Volvo SUV-XC 90
By Brutus on 11/11/04 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Love this car. It's built like a tank but feels more like a sports car. Comfortable and easy to drive.

Dream Car
By Vickie on 11/11/04 10:10 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've had this car for almost a year and in my short experience I feel it's a perfect combination of luxury and performance. Acceleration power is exceptional, dashboard controls are within easy reach, it's roomy, except for possibly the third seat which can handle adult passengers for short trips only. Third seat is meant for small children. And, except for a hummer, it feels safer than anything I've ever driven.

T6 Has It All-Performance+Comfort for 7
By bajt on 11/11/04 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We wanted a car that could accomodate up to 7 people (4-5 kids in back), that had plenty of room in the rear (with seats down) for transporting stuff but that was not too big overall. It handles beautifully under all conditions and has been very reliable to date.

Volvo T6 AWD
By Mac and Marti on 11/06/04 10:06 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

To date have had a great experience with the car. Also had same with dealership. Excellant service with NO pressure. Also made very favorable deal.

shop talk
By klaypt on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This one is getting ready to become a "lemon law" mobile. I've had the brakes worked on so many times volvo is ordering "specially manufactured larger" brake pads and rotars for this "unique problem". THESE DO NOT COME STANDARD ON THE XC 90. You too can get the special pads and rotars that actually fit the vehichle, you just have to have it in the shop most of the first two years.

How Swede it is
By SoCalVolvoowner on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

In car-crazy Southern California, this stands out from all the rest. Color (a green metallic that I did not think I'd like and actually love) wheels, and overall style all catch the eye of my freeway companions. It's pretty zippy, although for really fast get-up-and-go I wish I'd sprung for the T6, but I don't eat as much gas in the T5 and it's quick enough for most of my driving.