Used 2005 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Great SUV!!
By CBennett

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was a great investment for my growing family. The third row seats are small, but will be used by my kids only. The leather interior, wood grain steering wheel, rear DVD system are all a major plus for me. The most impressive feature is the 315 hp engine with smooth acceleration. This does not even compare to my wife's S70. Volvo has really stepped up with the rest of its competitors in the SUV market.

Powerful engine, fast acceleration, and 300 watt Dolby Surround sound stereo system.

Must improve on blind spots on the side view mirrors and decrease wind noise.

My Favorite Volvo Yet
By leslie logan

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my 6th Volvo in 35 years. I do look at other cars but I always end up purchasing another Volvo. This one is the best ever. It is every bit as comfortable as my last car, a 2001 S80. The turning radius is better than the S80 which makes it easy to park even in tight spaces. I did not get the third row of seats and I'm so glad. The "trunk" space is large and so well designed. I use the pop-up area for transporting anything that could tip over. It is my favorite feature. I also love the solid feel of this heavy car. The safety features are outstanding and that's really why I ultimately decided on this car but it has it all. I also think it is the best looking SUV on the road!

Safety Rating "Trunk" Storage Area Comfortable Ride Plush Interior Exterior and Interior Design Technology - Bluetooth and ipod

Gas Mileage - make a hybrid

Love my XC90
By Lin

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am totally pleased with my 2005 XC90. The ride is a dream and the handling is great. I feel safer in this vehicle than any other car. My other car is a 2004 Corvette which is totally fun to drive. The Volvo is fun too. I wish I did not have the 3rd row seats but that is the way it came. It was the only red XC90 that I could find in So. Calif. so I took it with the extra seats that will never be used. My choice. They are only made for little children. Adults would never fit. Next one, and there will be a next one will not have the 3rd row seats. Summary: I LOVE my XC90!

Plush!

Heated seat selection for just the back. Wow! What a treat that would be on the way home from a hard day!

Nice suv smooth ride
By dan f

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It rides great and has nice power. Great room and comfort. Some interior defects like a door handle coming off and a broken seat stop. I have owned it one month - 4000 miles on it.

engine, ride,feels safe, seating for seven

interior build quality

Sports car in disguise!
By Paul

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Handles very well and has pletty of power. Truly a fun car to drive! I am very impressed with the avg. of 21 MPG I've gotten over the first 4,000 miles I've owned it (bought it with 7,000 on it and have driven a combination of city and highway). Most importantly I feel very safe and protected in this vehicle.

All the gadgets.

Being 6'5" there is not quite enough range of motion in the drivers seat. My 2001 V70 was more comfortable than the Lazy Boy in my living room and I expected the same from the XC90 but it's not quite there. More distance from the petals would be nice as well as more rearward tilt from the seat.