2005 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Love this vehicle
By scottnhouston on 01/23/05 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After shopping and researching for a month we settled on the xc90 (rx330 was second choice). We love the vehicle. The luxurious interior and the stylish exterior. Gas MPG has been spot on with estimates (18/23). We do 80% city and 20% hwy thus far and have been averaging 20.2 mpg (self calculations). Am anxious to go on a substantial hwy drive as mpg will definitely be in the 23 range which is not bad considering the weight of the vehicle. If you are concerned about the power of the base engine don't be (unless you buy an SUV to go from 0-60 in under 8 seconds). The power has been more than adequate.

love
By S LYNCH on 01/19/05 16:43 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great car. It's got two TVs and the kids love it.

The SUV I Love to Hate
By JLS on 01/19/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've owned my XC90 just over a year. Been in the shop over 6 times for warranty items ranging from the air intake on the engine to the air vents breaking. Most frustrating is that the same parts keep breaking. The air intake has been repaired 3 times and the vents 2. I've also been frustrated with trim parts falling off and the third row seat breaking. I've owned Volvo's for years and have had little to know problems other than routine maintenance. This Volvo is the vehicle I love to hate. Love the ride and creature features, hate the reliability and build quality.

I love this car!
By carly on 01/19/05 14:10 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is the best car I've ever driven. Its perfect for my growing family and it's really fun to drive. All the features are so easy to use. I had a Land Rover before this and it's like night and day. The Volvos a much better vehicle, for a lot less.

Not Bad
By Dave on 01/15/05 22:13 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Poor gas mileage is the only major issue we have.

I love my XC90
By Deborah Wolfe on 01/15/05 21:26 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I wouldn't drive an SUV other than a Volvo. It is so safe and comfortable. I get about 17.5 miles per gallon of gas on average.

Volvo XC-90
By Vickie Anger on 01/15/05 17:37 PM (PST)

Absolutely love the car.

Comments
By RM on 01/15/05 13:25 PM (PST)

Love this car.

Volvo Auto Review
By L Gyarmathy on 01/05/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've owned a number of automobles, ranging from trucks, suvs, sport cars and high performance cars. BMWs, Porche, Honda S2000, and others. This car is great. I see myself keeping this car for sometime. It handles fabulous in all weather conditions, safe, fun and reliable.

2005 Volvo XC90 T6
By d bruns on 01/02/05 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought the first XC90 in Wisconsin in July of 2003...after several problems, Volvo proposed a trade out and I bought a new 2004 XC90...The difference is remarkable! The Volvo XC90 I have now is tremendous. Volvo identified there reliablity/quality issues with the early models and did the right things for me...I am very satified!!