L-O-V-E my Volvo!
By krysann2 on
2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
Purchased my 2004 XC90 in 2009 with 48k miles on it, and as of today it has 73k. Within the first year, I was smelling gasoline when outside of the vehicle. My father in-law is an expert technician for Volvo and found out that there would soon be a recall on the fuel pump- was replaced at no cost to me. I have also had to replace the ignition since one day I couldn't even turn the key over. I truly love my car, and probably wouldn't have bought it if I did not know an expert; considering the cost to maintain and repair. If I had to pay for labor and full price for parts, I'd probably not love the car as much as I do.
Favorite Features
I love the way the car handles at all speeds. I have had to dodge a few bullets at high speeds (75mph) and was able to swerve and not roll the vehicle or feel unsafe. I love how comfortable it is for long road trips, and every day driving, as well as being able to go from a 5 passenger to 7 passenger very easily and without having to remove/add seats out of the vehicle; unlike many SUVs. I love the body style of the 2004 (and similar years) and when we purchase the next XC90-except the black trim that fades so quickly.
Suggested Improvements
The air conditioning isn't as powerful as I'd prefer, but it could just be I am due for a charging? Trim on the exterior fades quickly unless you polish it monthly. My rims and tires get caked with brake dust very quickly (within a week of washing) and I've only put Volvo brakes on the vehicle.
By marmar12011
on 10/21/12 22:17 PM (PDT)

I have a 2.9L T6. Have the same fuel smell. Have any new recalls been made since 7/2011? I haven't heard of any and wonder how to get dealer to fix. FYI : I just put new brakes, used ceramic Volvo brakes, no more problems with dusting on my wheels.