Used 2004 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Shockingly great
By better than Lexus

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We own a 2002 Lexus SC430 and love it. We recently decided to get an SUV, too. This was the one we chose. We love it. The navigation system is different from the Lexus and has some pros it just takes learning the difference (like computers). Really sharp, well designed, comfortable and enjoyable. Got everything but securty. Love DVD, etc. Will buy this brand again, although we never had one before now. It is a different type of fun car (big car fun versus little convertible fun).

DVD, navigation (once you learn to operate it) seats are wonderful, ride is outstanding. We love it.

Gas mileage is only complaint.

Exceeded Expectations
By sbndominic

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I read many reviews before I purchased my 2.5T AWD. Power from the 5 cyclinder is very good. Test drove the T6. In my opinion not a big diference. The comfort and appointments are outstanding. Seats are exquisit. All systems have worked as expected no quality issues. In fact, this is the very best car I ever owned. My first Volvo. I could not be happier with the decision to purchase the XC 90. Also looked at the Taureg and the X5. The availability of 7 passenger seating and the safety features won us over. It has turned a few heads and received many compliments. My wifes only request is a place for her purse.

Seats. Safety features. Gas mileage has been much better than the Durango. 3 rd row of seating very desirable. outstanding styling

A place for my wife's purse. reduce wind noise while driving with moonroof open.

Quite satisfied
By jdpusa

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought an XC 90 AWD after test driving Lexus range and Acura MDX. Very happy so far - 4 months and 10,000 miles. No reliability issues. Good performance and handling. Inside is spacious and very comfortable. Sound system is good quality. Did couple of long trips and the vehicle really excelled on the open road.

Versatility, comfort, safety, performance.

Fuel consumption, Add additional functionality to on-board computer, add automatic volume adjustment to stereo.

S80 to XC90
By day6142

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The XC90 has an S80 ride and while it steers like a dream, it is an SUV and is not quite the driving experience as the S80.

Those you cannot see -- the safety features.

Add a compass.

Quality costs upfront but is worth it
By Zoe Fleming

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We wanted an SUV that would be safe, fun and long lasting. We checked out various SUVs. The VOLVO offered every item we wanted at a price that was in line with the other SUVs that were comparable. We have the navigation system, the DVD, sunroof, super radio and leather seats.The drive is fabulous and the view is great. The vehicle is a wonderful mechanical dream and easy to operate. The radio and

The safety is what I know I should say, but the looks, great radio, stylish Eurpean design are wonderful.

Just improve gas mileage if possible, otherwise it is a dream.