2004 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Great with a few issues...
By VonKod on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is one of the best SUVs I have owned, however I do have a few concerns: Interior - the wood inlays look and feel extremely cheap (think plastic). Additionally, the brushed aluminum/chrome interior door handles look extremely cheap. Volvo needs to take style types from BMW on wood inlays! Gas Mileage - much worse than advertised. Expect 10-13 MPH only.

XC90 Great Car
By salebo on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This car was a great purchase. The interior is beyond comfortable and the sound system spectacular. The center consol is a little sparce and looks nowhere near as luxurious as the rest of the car. The third row seat is great and fold flat down into the car, and the wooden steering wheel is nice. The availability to get the car is tough and getting DVD and/or navigation is much much harder. The rear backup control suprisingly came to be more helpful and worthwhile then I first imagined, and the Manumatic shifting is a fun feature my son enjoys. Compared to my 2000 RX300 this thing is a sports car, my take: when in the market seriously consider.

Love the Car
By golfmom on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car drives like a dream. It's handling is excellent. The seats are very comfortable. It does seat 6 adults but it is difficult to get out of the last set of seats.

Best in class
By bballnut on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Exceeded my expectations. Fun to drive and performs well in bad weather. Pulls the PWCs out of water without slipping on the ramp. Center section of rear seat folds to keep two kids separated and provides a place to set the Playstation 2 for playing games and watching DVDs. Also a great place to put the water skis. Fold flat 3rd row seats provide ample storage space for dog cage and luggage.

it is very goodone
By ge on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

experience with XC90 is fun

SUV that was worth the wait!
By wls on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife and I had been short-listing SUV's since May of 2002. We had narrowed our choices down to a fully loaded GMC Envoy or the Acura MDX. Envoy's ride was not as good as Acura. Just as we were to make our choice in January, my wife read a piece on the XC90. Ordered Feb. 1, picked up July 4, in time for holiday. In short WE LOVE IT. Make sure to get the Dolby Surround and the sub-woofer. The sound is perfect! The ride is excellent (nearly car- like on twisting country roads)! Factory window tinting is plenty. Have black leather seats and on 95° day was not too hot to sit on. The 2.5 with turbo offered plenty of oomph when needed.

Great SUV
By chippy on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Traded in my old Jeep Grand Cherokee for the Volvo. The Volvo has many more amenities and features; it is comparable in seating space and has more cargo space. The stowable 6th and 7th seat is quite a plus.

Love this car !!
By YOGIMA on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

What a great car ! Having always liked Volvo's for their safety and reliability..we have one with 165,000 and going strong.. This car has far exceeded my expectations. I find it very luxurious and nice to drive. The versatitlity with the seating is wonderful and easy to use. The only down side is the visibility with the 2 rear columns..I just had to get used to using my side mirrors more. I also just discovered that the car can be driven manually which is fun and has also increased the already great fuel economy. I highly recommend this car to any family.

Volvo XC-90 T6 AWD
By iwerbler on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

So far so good. Well constructed solid vehicle with good, although not stellar low-end acceleration. Handles extremely well - reminiscent of German car feel. Options include a superior DVD-based nav system, versatility pkg w/3rd row seating that can accomodate two large adults, large wood steering wheel and bi-xeon headlights. Can't quite figure out the reason why the high beams don't stay in the on position when I pull the blinker stem in - but I'll toss that up to either not reading the manual or a small glitch with the high-beams.

a long time waiting
By chrisandpatty on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

After waiting 6 months and paying MSRP we now have decided that it was worth the wait. There were times the MDX or the X5 almost won us over but we now have a car as luxurious and certainly for now not as common. The children love all the extra room.